Monday, April 28, 2014

Can't Sleep

And why can't I sleep at 1:00 in the freaking morning?  Because Leland decided to check his e-mails at 11:15pm and saw great news in his inbox.  This past Thursday Leland had a job interview in San Antonio.  Afterwards, I asked him how things went and he was very positive and was told he could expect to hear back from the company sometime next week.  Well, next week ended up being Sunday night.  They made and offer!  All Leland has to do is accept it.  One big stressor out of the way and on to the next.  This is going to be one of those posts about how greatly I have been blessed and the power of prayer and fasting.  I know Heavenly Father is aware of my needs as well as my family's needs.  He has given a great test and I am grateful for that test at this time.  Am I always grateful for tests, no.  But I am grateful for having the experiences.  I can't remember if it was President Hinckley or President Monson who said this, but you have to "Find joy in the journey".  This has been a long journey.  There have been many nights in prayer, many days in fasting, and much doubting on my end of my Heavenly Father.  I should know by now, that I should never doubt God, but I do and I have to be given a reminder every now and then that I shouldn't.  I even gave a talk at church about a month ago about the promise that the Lord will never forsake us or leave us alone.  I guess I should have listened to my own counsel.  I am so grateful for this opportunity.  Since before we even moved to Houston we had plans on moving back to San Antonio.  I am looking forward to the move.  I know it is going to happen very quickly, about a month from now.  Over Spring Break I had the opportunity to attend the temple and while there I had this feeling that everything was going to work out and I didn't need to worry so much.  That feeling, the communication with Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost, was a great comfort.  It has been a journey and one that I don't necessarily want to make again for the next long while, but it's a good one.  Now, for the next journey, me finding a new job.  This is going to be grueling.  If you know of anyone looking for a PE/Health teacher with 4 years teaching experience and 4 years of school administration experience, let me know.  If not, no worries.  Things will fall into place when the time is right.  I hope I can go to bed soon now that I have said what I need to say.  Hopefully, this is a good night all! If you are a regular on my blog, shhhhhh please don't say anything yet.  He has not officially accepted the position, and there could be another position in another city with another offer, so nothing is set in stone.

No comments: