Sunday, August 10, 2008

Night Sky

Last night, well, this mornining, I had the great opportunity to watch the Perseid Meteor Shower. It was so much fun and such a relaxing experience. I love laying in the grass (on a blanket of course) and just watching the night sky. There weren't tons of meteors shooting across the sky, but there doesn't have to be tons to love what Heavenly Father has given us. Everyone I was with thought I was asleep because I was so quiet. I just wanted to enjoy the beauty of it all. There was alot of commotion and talking, but when everyone was in the "awkward silence" there seemed to be a spirit of contentment. To me it was more of a reassurance that there is more out there than just this world and this life. The meteors that shot across the starry night sky came at just the right moment everytime. The beauty of seeing the "shooting star" was all I needed. I didn't care about who was there or what they were doing. I was just happy to be in a great place to watch the shower.

No comments: