Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference

This past weekend was General Conference. Like always, I have no idea who spoke about what, but for me, there was a lot of cousel and guidance for families. I wish every parent I work with on a daily basis would have been able to hear those talks. It would be evenmore wonderful if every person who heard those talks would heed the cuosel that was given. I don't remember specifics, but I do remember feeling the Spirit testify to me that all the words which were spoken are true. I can't remember the last time I had such a strong impression. I think maybe it is because I am seeing the deterioration of the family all around me. With the families I work with at school and the families I work with at church. It's not very often that I meet two parents that have the same last name as their kids. It's disheartening because I see the troubles of the kids then I look at the family and realize that is where the troubles are starting. I know there are a few quotes that I will be taking from some of the talks and making little posters to hang in my office so every parent who enters my office will be able to read and hopefully learn a thing or two.

Maybe it hit me so hard because I want a family of my own. Someone else to take care of besides my hubs. Don't get me wrong, I love taking care of the hubs, but I feel like I need someone or something else to take care of. Do I want kids? Yes. Do i need kids? Right now, until I get a handle on the ones I take care of on a daily basis, I don't need any of my own. I like the ones that I get for eight to ten hours a day and then give back. What I really want though is a dog. I am starting to wear Leland down on the idea of getting a dog. I know he doesn't want a dog right now because he thinks we are not home enough for a little one, but I disagree. I am gone all day, but he is home more than he thinks he is. I have it all worked out too. When I get up I can feed the little one and take him/her outside for a morning potty break. Leland doesn't get up until later. When he gets up he can give the little one a treat of banana or carrot and let him/her outside for a little bit. Before he leaves he can put the dog in the kitchen with a treat ball, toys, bed and water. When I get home I can feed the pupster dinner and take it for a walk or jog. then, it's all good and the pupster is ready for bed. All planned out. I got this! Now, just to find the perfect dog. I am about ready to go get one from the Humane Society this weekend. If I can just hold out a little longer then it will be all good. But if we get abother text from my sister-in-law with a picture of Patches then I will just break down and get one.

1 comment:

Sujay said...

So beautiful this site.I like it.Thank you.