Saturday, April 21, 2012

Relax with a Little 90's

I love relaxing Fridays!  I don't really care about the rest of the week when my Friday evening are wonderful.  I got off work a little before six, picked up the dog and it was off to the dog park.  Tyson LOVES the dog park.  He gets to play with so many different dogs and their owners.  He is such a joy when we go there.  We were there for about an hour and half.  That's the longest time he has ever been there without looking tired.  I finally had to make an executive decision to leave since neither of us had eaten dinner.  I get home and Leland was there and we were trying to figure out what to do for dinner.  So we looked in the kitchen and had pineapple, mango, strawberries (gotta love when Sprouts has great sales on produce), ground turkey, cheese and corn tortillas.  We decided top do tacos with fruit salsa.   Can I just say pineapple, mango and strawberry fruit salsa is more than delicious?  I don't know what other word I can use to describe it.  While I was meticulously cutting up the fruit I told Leland I needed some noise, but not tv noise, I needed music.  I told him to sing to me, but he struck that down pretty quickly.  He turns on the tv and goes to the music stations on Time Warner.  He asked what I wanted form the list and I told him, very excitedly, 90's!  A flood of memories started to pour into my head.  With every song that came on there was the occasional "I didn't know that was a 90's song.  I thought it was 80's", and then the memories.  Memories of stake dances, going on soccer trips, studying in my room for hours and just hanging out with friends came flooding in.  We even made predictions of what songs were going to played while we cooked dinner and chilled on the couch.  Boys II Men, prediction come true.  We even predicted the right song, Motown Philly.  We were on fire!  After dinner we sat/lay on the couch playing games on our phones and talking while Tyson curled in a ball on the couch where my legs were and slept.  Oh, it was the perfect ending to the not so perfect week.  It was exactly what I needed.  I love relaxing Friday nights!

On the flip side, only two more weeks until Leland leaves for Houston, sad face.  Once he's gone, that leaves only two more months in San Antonio.  It's time to start doing all the things I want to do and eat at all the restaurants I want to eat at (once I have the money).  That also means there will probably be many, many nights at Orange Leaf, happy face!  I'm not going to think about that at this time.  I will enjoy the time I do have with the hubs while I still have it!

No comments: