Sunday, May 11, 2014

And So It Begins

The next adventure.  We went this weekend to find a place in SA.  The first place I looked at felt like home.  I was so grateful to have done a lot of research on the internet before going to SA.  The internet is wonderful thing! I was able to narrow down my list to a few places and after stopping at one place I thought would be nice but had a line out the door to see apartments, I went to the place I had pretty much ranked number one on my list of places to live.  It was perfect!  Bottom floor level 2 bed 2 bath with green space behind it and a little seclusion.  I felt peace and comfort when I walked inside the apartment the manager showed me.  Then when she said we can get AT&T for cable and internet (Leland's request) I was hooked! Every time I have found a place to live I have had a peaceful feeling and felt I was "home" when I waked through the door.  I am a little worried about the space inside, but I think it's because the floor plan is not like what I am use to in an apartment.  The PATIO! Oh, the patio is perfect! I am so happy to have a patio for Tyson, and now Sugar, again.  It's been a sad two years living in a place that does not have a patio for him.  More like heartbreaking than sad.  Tyson will be so happy.  I also won't have to worry about bothering the people below me since there won't be any. Great comfort!

Leland is finishing his residency on Tuesday, and starting his new job in a couple of weeks. It's been a long four years with him being in school and residency.  I am so proud of him and the work he has done. I am so happy for the opportunity he has to be working a real job now ;). He has worked so hard to get to where he is now. He has had a lot of upsets and tribulation while going through all of this.  As much as I do not like having hard times to go through, I am grateful to have been on this journey with him.  I truly believe he would not have been able to make it through these times without me by his side. I often wonder how much of help I really have been to him though.  I really don't think I have been a great help, but I know I have been able to encourage him and help him gain the confidence he needed at times.  I also was there to help him fight his battles and and lend a listening ear.  I was ready to pounce on anyone that got in his way.  I have loved him through it all and been frustrated with him as well.  Overall, I do not think I had a great impact on him, but I know things were a little easier with me by his side.

After the trial of our faith comes the blessings.  These past couple of years have felt like a huge trial of my faith, especially the past couple of months.  If we remain faithful and endure it well, it will be but for a small season and the Lord will bless you.  I feel greatly blessed and I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given me these experiences and these great blessings! Now, hopefully, a family will come :)

No comments: