Monday, July 21, 2008

A Little Courtesy Goes a Long Way

So if you can't make it to something and you are suppose to bring a really important part of the event do you wait until the last minute to let the host know about it? Of course not! It is really frustrating when people are assigned something and you try to contact everyone to make sure everything is squared away and then at the last possible minute everyone drops out. That's it, no more hosting things for me. I am tired of taking alot of my time out and not doing things that I would love to do then have nothing come of it. Thanksgiving 2007 I prepared my first Thanksgiving meal from appetizers to dessert. I invited 25 people to attend of which about six said they could come. Which is what I realistically expected. When it came down to it, two days of cooking, no one showed and not one person had the decency to call or email and let me know that they were not coming. It's just common courtesy. I guess parents are not teaching their kids the courtesy anymore. It's all about me and what I want. If I have an assignment, no matter how badly I want to not do it, I always follow through with it. What has happened ot society today. Oh, I know, parents are neglecting their duties to teach their children to serve and instead are teaching their children that the world revolves around them and no matter what you do not let anyone else tell you otherwise. Parents are also getting their kids out of taking responsibility and consequences of their actions. Society has said that there are no longer winners and losers but everyone is a winner. Whoever said that was the way to go was always on a losing team. When I played soccer I was never on a championship team. I loved the challenge os being on a losing team because it helped me improve and helped me overcome challenges and learn how to work. Ahhhh, work. That seems to be missing from the world today. Kids are given everything without having to actually do anything for it. It makes me sick because in ten years those are the kids that are going to go to college and think they can skate by. Those same kids will be going into the workforce and quitting because they are actually expected to do work and will have someone breathing down their necks and will also lose things and not know how to handle it all. They will then quit and do look for another job and go through the same cycle. It's really sad when you think about it. That's society today.

No comments: