Sunday, August 22, 2010

Life is Getting Busy

This whole "Dean of Students" thing is killing me! It's been a struggle, but it's also been good knowing that I have the support of my teachers. I also found out that I will be acting as the liaison between the admin and the teachers. That was not a duty assigned to me by my principal, but something I found out from talking to one of the teacher's husbands. I knew that was going to happen though. My teachers have told me that they finally feel comfortable going to someone in the admin. That makes me feel better. I was also told by a few parents that they were glad to see that I was the Dean of Students. One parent almost fell to the ground with relief when he found out. A bit too much of a reaction if you ask me. I have spent 12+ hours everyday at school trying to get things ready for the year and, most importantly, the first day of school. I am really hoping things go smoothly tomorrow, but I know Murphy's Law will rear it's ugly head in there somewhere. I have also realized that I will not have as much time to write on my blog. I apologize to all my followers out there (all 7 of you). My life will not be out there as much.

Today we had a special Stake Conference. President Butler and his presidency were released. President Butler and President Brooks either will be or have already moved out of SA. The new Presidency is President Spendlove, President Lindberg, and President Carlisle. Elder C. Scott Grow of the Quorum of the Seventy came for the whole event and gave a great talk. He spoke on the Family Proclamation and the importance of family. We see so much the attack on the family so it was a great reminder what we should be doing and who has given us the responsibility of family.

Leland is working hard studying for his boards which he takes in a week, preparing to teach seminary, reffing high school football, and working on his research and dissertation. It's going to be a busy year. Great, but busy.

Oh! I found my camera cord so I can now upload my "Only in Utah" pics. It won't be all of them, but some of them. I do know that some of the things pictured are not just Utah, but for me, it's "Only in Utah"

Aw, dang it! My batteries are low and I don't have any in the house. Okay, so when I get batteries, I will get them up here.

1 comment:

Gladiz said...

You will do great Katie! You have worked really hard to get where you are at now. Don't let anything get you down! BTW, you now have 8 followers---thankyouverymuch! hugs!