Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What a Life!

It's been a a little more than a week since I have done any writing. Who knew my life would be so crazy right now? I thought it would be, but not like this though. I knew I was going to have late days at the "office" and I wouldn't have much time for socializing, but I had no idea it was going to be this busy. I go home and if I am not doing anything work related I fall asleep on the couch and stay there until about 1 or 2 in the morning before making it back to bed. I have not been able to workout as much as I thought I would. I maybe get three workouts in a week. I just have to get more settled then I will be okay.

Updates from school:

I have already had three parents in my office for minor skirmishes. Better to call the parents right away than wait for something bigger to happen.

I have already made one boy cry. I thought it would affect me more than what it did. He understands what he did, the consequence he was given, and why it was given. He actually came into my office today to pick up his notification form in a good mood. Weird.

Kids are following the school rules a little better than they use to. I had one kid tell me he's really grateful that I am the Dean of Students. He then proceeded to tell me what he thought of the last guy and how much he hated him. Good times.

Locks placed on the wrong lockers was a blast. Kids coming as much as a week after receiving their lockers and needing their combinations. Kids don't remember anything.

Two of my favorite kids left the school.

So far, no graffiti in the bathrooms. Although, I think I just jinxed it.

Wednesday Folders, grrrrrrrr.

I now appreciate the weekends so much more. I will really grow to appreciate Sunday even more than what I already do.

Those are the events of the past week and half I guess. I have completely lost track of all time. I forgot today was September. I even forgot that we have a three day weekend because of Labor Day. I didn't even realize that Leland and I have been married for eight full months now. I just hope I don't forget the big 1 year mark, that would totally hoover (it might be funny a few years from now).

Leland is quite busy as well. Seminary is going good, so far. He took his board exam on Monday and we are now anxiously awaiting the results. It was a computer test so the results should have been immediate, right? At least you would think they could get the results to him quicker than October. Reffing football is in full swing and he's loving it. Football season is here and so there goes my husband. We were at a friend's house the other night playing games and he was distracted by the NFL Fantasy Football Draft that he had on his phone. Sad. I married a football man, what can I say. He is back in the lab researching and writing so he can finish everything by May. I think that's all. There is just so much going on that I can't keep up anymore. Thanksgiving will be a very welcomed break for the both of us. Life is great, I love it and would have it no other way!

No comments: