Monday, September 27, 2010

On the Run, As Usual

Things never seem to slow down, even for a tiny it. This morning I awoke hoping it was still Sunday, but to my disappointment, it's another Monday. The weekends just seem to fly by. I really would love to have two days in my weekend, but that will not happen until Thanksgiving break for me. Saturday was the annual parent picnic. I think it turned out to be really nice even after all the mess in the morning. The people who work at the city community centers are so incompetent. I was told I had one pavilion but when I got there there was a 5K that wasn't ending until 11am at that pavilion. Thankfully there was a really nice police officer that was helping out and he called the park police to find out what was going on and got us to the pavilion that I had originally wanted but was already booked. Everything turned out to be really nice. The kids seemed to have fun, there was good food and the parents and teachers were able to mingle and talk to one another. All in all a nice morning/afternoon.
Saturday night Leland and I were finally able to get all glammed up and go out for a night on the town, well, partially. I had the Women's Conference that I left a little early from so we could go to Leland's event. Every year UTHSC does a huge fundraiser dinner and a dance after the dinner. All the graduates for the year were invited to attend the dance after the dinner. We decided to go and check things out. It was at the Grand Hyatt in downtown and I have to say, it is a gorgeous hotel! We were on the fourth floor in the Texas Ballroom. It was lit in red, white, and blue, and it was huuuuuuge! I was amazed as to how big of a room it was. We did a little dancing, ate some appetizers and talked to some of the profs at the school then it was off to Mi Tierra, only my all time favorite Mexican food restaurant. It felt so good to finally spend a few uninterrupted hours out with my husband. It was a fun little date night.
Leland has been sick for a few days and I am afraid he has mono. He has some of the same symptoms I had and his schedule has just worn him down. Fevers on and off all day and it gets really bad at night. Sore throat, hard to breathe, coughing, stuffy nose and altogether tiredness. I really hope it's not mono. Hopefully today he is better and can get back to his old routines. I feel so helpless. I wish there was something I could do for him to get him better, but I know there's nothing I can do. Poor guy.
Life is still busy as ever and trying to keep up with everything is really hard. I might have to go into hiding, oh, wait, I have already done that. Well, maybe go even more into hiding until I can get caught up with everything.

No comments: