Thursday, September 30, 2010

Inadequacies or Paranoia?

Lately I have been feeling like I keep messing up. I am not a fan of having to feel like I have to "check in" with someone all the time about everything. I feel like I am being watched like a hawk. I can't stand it when people micro-manage. My principal is good, don't get me wrong, but I feel as though what I do is not good enough, or I am not doing enough. No matter what I do I have to check in with him on everything. Just let me go and do! If he would let me do my thing with these kids then I would be able to do so much more in the discipline realm. I try to always tell him what is going on but when I do it seems as though he a) isn't really listening, b) is judging every decision I make, or c) doesn't care until something is about to go terribly wrong then I feel stupid. I feel like I just can't seem to get it right. Like maybe I really am not cut out to be an administrator. I feel like by this time in the school year I should have been settled and have a routine, but I am still all over the place. I can't even get all my stuff organized before it's unorganized again. I am so behind on everything that I need to be doing. Will this feeling ever end? Will being under a microscope ever stop? I want to be doing the right thing and making the best decisions, but it all seems so useless right now. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Maybe I am doing better than I thought. I don't know, I just don't know.

2 comments:

Fowl Ideas said...

It's not paranoia if you really are being watched.

I love that line.

sincerely,

The Whale

Gladiz said...

Katie, I am positive you are doing great! I tend to be hard on myself and this could be happening to you too. I totally understand that awkward feeling you're having. Perhaps this principal (whom I'm sure is wonderful) knows how good you are and what potential you have that he/she may feel a little competition. But then again, what do I know?