Monday, October 25, 2010

Personal Progress

I have decided that I will be doing Personal Progress again. I had been contemplating this for a couple of months now and decided early last week that I would buy a book and start. Last night I sat down and started looking through the book and seeing what I had to do. As I was looking through the book I started remembering when I was a young woman and starting my Personal Progress. I felt so overwhelmed as to everything I had to do. This time I read it and have to try to adapt the value experiences to my situation. There are so many things about a future home and family. Since I already have the beginnings of my family (a wonderful husband) I have to adapt some of the experiences to meet my needs. I no longer write about my goals to go to the temple to receive my endowments and to be sealed to my husband. I guess I can change them to how to stay worthy to enter the temple and attend the temple regularly. I know I can make my own value experiences, but I can never think of anything so I just use what is given to me as a guide. A lot of my experiences are surrounding sewing and creating things. I have such a huge lack of that skill that I think it would be something nice to learn so that I will be able to mend my clothing, create new things for my home, and even make my own clothing (that's a little ambitious, but who knows, it could happen, right?). I write this because this is my journal and will be writing a lot about my experiences as I go through this whole journey of Personal Progress again. Just a warning :)

No comments: