Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween and Expulsions, Fun!

Yesterday I had to "expel" my first kid. It wasn't a real expulsion but more of an opportunity to withdraw before the expulsion. When kids reach 75 DPS (our discipline system is based on points) we sit down with the parents and tell them their kid has reached 75 points, there's nothing more we can do at this point and let them know that they have the option of withdrawing from the school so there is not a black mark on their record. If the parents do not withdraw the kid by the end of the next school day then we have to go through the expulsion process and paperwork. The parents decided to withdraw the kid. I may have to expel a kid this coming week though. He is already a trouble maker and doesn't really want to be at the school so he messing up. Thursday he decided that he was going to steal a student's cell phone from the PE changing room. After school the kid went looking for his phone and after doing some investigative work of his own, found out who had stolen his phone, tracked him down and got his phone back. That's where I come in. Since the crime happened on campus I had to investigate, get the kid to confess and inform the parents. Monday we will have a discipline committee meeting in which we will decide his consequences. I don't know what the committee is going to say, but the punishment will be anything from 3 days OSS to expulsion. Good luck to the kid.

In other news, last week was Halloween. Leland and I were Minions from the movie Despicable Me. Since my computer at home is having internet problems I have to do all my writings from my work computer and I don't have my camera to download the pics. I love being married to a man that loves Halloween because he always has great costume ideas. Every year everyone who knows Leland is always excited to see what he will be next. I, on the other hand, have no creative bones in my body for Halloween. I thought about Charlie Brown characters (you know Charlie Brown and the little Red-headed girl he has a crush on) but no one would know what that was, so no go to that. We looked pretty darn cute if you ask me. If you have access to my facebook page you can check out the pics there until I get a chance to post them here. The best part of the night, we won that grand prize at the party, a 32 in LCD TV! How awesome is that! I really wanted the $150 shopping spree, but the tv works too. I have never won anything like that in my life. In fact, I told Leland he was marrying the unluckiest girl the whole world when it comes to raffles and stuff like that. Thankfully, it was all his luck that won the tv, but I was holding the winning ticket, so I consider it my win ;) The only problem we have now, we have no place to put it in our little apartment. I already had a nice tv when we got married in the living room, and there is no space in the bedroom for a big tv. We will figure it out one of these days though. Maybe Dad can place a wall mount in when he comes to visit in a couple of weeks. That's what Dads are for right? Well, it's time to get back to work. Have a wonderful time until I write again!

No comments: