Thursday, June 9, 2011

Just a Little Rant

What's the deal with people hating on members if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka Mormons)? I don't get nor do I want to understand the pure hatred. I was reading an article yesterday online and my eye caught hold of a side article. Michael Otterson the public affairs guy for the Church had a couple of opinion articles stating the beliefs and some little known facts of the Church. I sat and read some of the comments that readers wrote and I was just disgusted by the vitriol and hate that was coming from these people. It didn't matter how many people stood up for the Church whether they were members or not, these people would continue to bash and bash and bash some more. It was almost as if they were refreshing their browsers every few minutes so they could jump on in with a comment in support of a fellow basher or find some way to try to prove a supporter of the article wrong or make them doubt what they know to be true. As a member of the Church, I am not going to engage in the arguments and bashing. I know what the truth is and I will be an example of it and live my testimony. I do become angry when I read that stuff (and I should stop reading it) but it is not my position to judge another person for his/her beliefs, so i won't do that. I will say though, it is disheartening when there are other religions and religious leaders that proclaim tolerance for all, but cannot seem to stop hating on the Mormons (the same holds true for all the politicians that are screaming that conservatives/republicans/etc are not tolerant because of their views of society yet, those same people hate and bash and have no tolerance themselves, but that is a discussion for another day). Anyway, rant over, just had to get that off my chest. Ahhhh, I feel better now :)

No comments: