Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer is Here!

Summer has finally made it's way to me! It has been one very long school year and I am grateful that it is now time to relax. So far I have fallen asleep and taken a two hour nap. Yesterday I told Leland that is what I have been doing and he told me I was still recovering from the school year. I have to say that I agree with him :) I have been able to workout four days in a row! That is the most exciting thing so far. I already have started feeling better with the workouts happening. Still do not have a new place to live. Leland did not get the job in Utah!!!! His third letter of recommendation was never submitted so the job went to someone else who had everything in, but more on that later. I have already started preparing things for next school year. I will be resetting all the locker combinations in the coming weeks. I just hope I am coming back next year. I never had an end-of the-year evaluation because my principal and I both forgot about it, so I don't know if I have a job next year or not. I did notice today that the settings on my database have changed and are now more restricted but I wonder why. I found out that my principal will not be back next year, which totally hoovers since he is the best principal this school has had. I don't really know who is coming to take his place but the rumors are that it is a principal from one of the other campuses or the guy that was here three years ago that I cannot stand. If he comes back for this next school year then I may end up being fired because I won't be able to hold my tongue. I guess I might want to look for another job starting in September ;) As much as I love summer, it sure is a summer full of uncertainty.

Back to Leland not getting the job in Utah. I am not sure if I told this story or not in a previous post so if I have, please bear with me. Leland received a call last week saying he did not get the job because his third letter of recommendation never came in. When Leland asked about it, the person who was suppose to write it said he never wrote it. From what I know, Leland would have had the job in a heartbeat if that letter made it in. Everything had already been sent in and HR was just waiting for that third letter. When I asked why it wasn't written, Leland just said that the person had so much stuff going on that he just didn't have the time to write it. My reply? "If someone asks you for a letter of recommendation and there is a due date for it, it doesn't matter how busy you are, you write the letter that should only take 30 minutes and get back to what you are doing. I think he didn't write it on purpose. I think he sabotaged the whole thing. he doesn't want you to leave SA". To which Leland agreed, partially. That's my thoughts and feelings towards it. If you have known someone for five years and always talk to others about him in such high regard, then it shouldn't take but 15 minutes to write a glowing letter of recommendation for that person. Anyway, that means two things, so far we are not moving anywhere, but Leland still does not have a job. Grrrrrrrr!

Yesterday Leland started his internship with MARP, the company he would like to work for when he graduates. I really hope it turns into something more than an internship. Hopefully he can impress those he is working with enough for them to hire him at least part time by August. It is going to be really tough if we have to live off my check for a few months. Especially if we move into the place I checked out yesterday and have to start paying off his student loans. I just want him to get something, even if it's just 20K-30K. I know he wants something more, but anything is better than 0 right now. I am always praying that he will find something. I worry a ton about this stuff. I will not be comfortable until I know we have enough saved up to last two years without jobs. I hope it never gets to the point where we have to live off savings for that long, but the way the economy is going and budget cuts in education and other places, it could happen.

Summer is here, and I am grateful for the time away from kiddos for a little whole. I know I will start to miss them, but it's nice to work without someone stopping in or calling my office every 10 minutes. I can actually get things done. Now it's back to working out the locker situations. I hope all is well with everyone out there in the blog world. And congrats to all my preggers friends! I know each one of you will make great moms because you are already absolutely amazing women.

No comments: