Sunday, October 19, 2008

Best Weekend Ever! (At least at this time in my life)

This weekend has been full on wonderful things. First off was a relaxing Friday evening with no stress. Who wouldn't want that? Then came Saturday morning. It was early, but who cares? Habitat for Humanity is a wonderful thing to be a part of. I had a blast learning how to hang siding. It took all day to get about 1/4 of one side of the house done, but it was a great learning experience. It was also frustrating. Measuring then having to measure again because the measurement was off, then the siding breaking during cutting process, ahhh man! It was a great day. I was going to leave at lunch so that way I could have more time to clean my place, do laundry and all the other normal work I do on Saturday, but I couldn't leave. I couldn't leave my group and the rest of the building crew. I am really glad I stayed the whole time.

Saturday night was watching Trinity get creamed by Wheaton, but it was fun to be with friends. I even saw one of my students at the game. Crazy! This is the Saturday I have been needing for a long time. My weekends are usually trying to accomplish those things that I never have a chance to do during the week because of my schedule. I threw all of that out the window and just relaxed. It was nice.

Today, I had a great day at Stake Conference. I love seeing all the people in the stake. I don't know everyone or really anyone outside my ward, but to see all the members of the stake just renewed my strength. Listening to converts tell their stories of conversion was great. Then tonight going to a nice dinner group and lovely conversation with others was wonderful. Could you ask for a better weekend? I mean, what else is there? Service, friends, uplifting, enlightenment, realxation and fun are what weekend should be all about. I am now rested and ready for the week ahead and looking forward to next weekend. Oh, I almost forgot, I ran four miles this weekend. A continuous four miles. I have only done that one other time in my life and it was after a soccer practice as punishment. This time it was for my own enjoyment and fun. I don't know the next time I will do that, but I had fun doing it.

1 comment:

Rebex said...

Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there with y'all. That was a busy weekend though. Next time...