Sunday, October 12, 2008

Got to Have Faith

Tonight I was helping a great woman clean the kitchen after a great dinner and she said something that really caught my attention. She said, "We will be cooks at Adam-Ondi-Ahman." That really started me thinking. Will I be ready and have enough faith to drop what I am doing and travel to Adam-Ondi-Ahman when it is my time to go? I no doubt would have alot of fun cooking and serving others, but could I leave my life behind and go and do as the Lord would have me do? Do I have the strength and faith of Nephi to do so? Can I go and do as the Lord would have me do? I hope I am able to go when called upon. There are so many questions I have that can only be answered at the time. Of course, I say now that I would be able to do all that jazz, but when it comes down to it I don't know what I would do.
Faith, do we ever really know how much of it we have? The faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains, but I have never moved a mountain before. Maybe I have moved mountains of laundry or scarfed down mountains of food, but to really move a mountain, never. I know that the Lord will ptotect me when needed, and give those things I stand in need of, but does my faith go deeper than that? One of my Institute teachers, Elder Waldvogel, once said, "Faith is what we have before we have knowledge. Once we have experienced faith it becomes knowledge. For example, when paying tithing you have faith that if you pay that ten percent blessings will come. Once you have received and recognized those blessings that faith becomes knowledge." I love that because it helped me understand more about faith and knowledge and how testimonies grow.
I want to share my testimony tonight. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one and only true church on the face of the earth today. I know that Jesus Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, hung on the cross, and rose three days later so that all mankind may be saved. I know Heavenly Father knows me and my needs personally. I know He will lead and guide me if I first put my faith in Him. I know Joseph Smith Jr. was a true prophet and restored the gospel of Jesus Christ to its full glory in this last despensation. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the true and living prohet on the face of the earth today. I know the scriptures are true . I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and the words are true. I know that if I am endure to the end and do those things that I need to in order to continually progress that I will be blessed. I know families can be together forever. I know that I am a daughter of God. I know the Lord loves me and knows me personally. I love the gospel and the things that it has done for my life. I hope to be able to keep the things I know and continue to learn more. I am grateful for those missionaries that found my Grandpa and Grandma Smith as well as the missionaries that found my dad. I am grateful for their faith and courage to do those things that their families were not happy about but that they knew were right. I have always felt extremely blessed and am grateful for all the Lord has given me.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Katie,
Because you know ALL those things, I will venture to say that not only will you gladly leave your life behind when the time comes for the Second Coming, you will likely be leading others on the way there.

Thanks for sharing your testimony.