Monday, December 8, 2008

In the Christmas Mood

I am finally in the Christmas mood. Last night's First Presidency Christmas Devotional really helped with that. I love the Christmas Devotional because it brings Christ back into CHRISTmas. The talks were wonderful and the MoTab was amazing as usual. I look forward to the devotional every year. I love the sights and sounds as the conference center is all decorated with lights and trees.
I was also more in the mood after going to La Cantera this afternoon. Since I had the day off today I decided to catch-up on some household things and do a little shopping. I went to the Apple Store to check some stuff for my brother and to buy an adapter for my shuffle so I could listen to it in the car. I then went to the Coach Store. I love that place. I can't afford anything there, but since I bought a bag at the factory outlet (which I love since the bags are more affordable) last Christmas I became one of their "preferred customers" and had a 25% off card. So I decided to buy a little something. I bought the cutest little wrist bag. It's not the normal leather bag but more of a satiny type of material and it is full of color. It's so cute. I also bought a chocolate brown wrist bag for a friend. I can't make it to her bridal shower this weekend and I told her I would buy her a really nice gift. I had planned on buying something from her registry, but since I know she loves Coach I decided to get her the little bag. The "coupon" made the purchase more digestible. I love those things. I also stopped in the Sony store to look at what my dad wants for Christmas. He wants a portable dvd player so when he is on the road with soccer he can actually relax a little and maybe not be so sick on the bus rides. I found one and I like it. It doesn't play blu-ray, but I don' think there are any that do. Once they come out with a portable blu-ray I know my dad will want that and then he can give me his regular dvd player. The gift that keeps on giving. Again, I love it!
All I have to do now is put up my decorations. I am a minimalist when it comes to the decorations. I have a few nativity scenes that my mom has given me throughout the years and I display them in different areas around my living room. I think my favorite though is one my dad gave me that is very simple. It is Mary holding the baby Jesus Christ. It looks as though she is singing to the child (from a distance of course). It is simple and beautiful, it's my favorite. It also reminds me that Christmas is not about the presents or Santa and his reindeer. It is about Christ and his birth and sacrifice. Christ gave me the best gift anyone can give another person. He gave me the opportunity to live with my Heavenly Father again. Because of Him I am able to make a mistake and then repent and be forgiven. I am able to have the Holy Ghost with me when I am doing the right things. I am able to choose what path I take to get back to my Father. Because of Christ I have the blessings I have today. I am grateful for Christ and what He did for all mankind. Let us all remember what this time of year is really about and not get caught up in the worldliness of it all. Live, laugh, love , serve, remember.

1 comment:

Rebex said...

"The gift that keeps on giving." You crack me up! I love that you have that in mind as you are buying your dad's Christmas present. I guess I've been doing it all wrong all these years. LOL