Monday, September 21, 2009

I figure

while I have a few minutes break today I ought to write a little something. Things are crazy busy as usual. We had our first Volleyball game last Thursday. It was a great game! The first set the girls were a bit scared. The looks on their faces showed all their emotions. We lost the first set 25-15. The second set was amazing though. We were down by about ten and all of a sudden the comeback was on! There were some amazing plays that kept them in the game and we ended up winning the second set. The third set was a bit shaky. We were down and just as we started the comeback, one of our student fans started chanting S-S-T, S-S-T. . . which, of course, got into our servers head and messed everything up. I am so proud of the girls for giving it their all and doing the best they could with only five practices under their belts before the game. I only see them improving and doing better each game. They have the heart and willingness to do it, I think they will be fabulous!

On Tuesday night Leland and I went to the George Strait "For the love of kids and Harley's" charity auction and a good ole Texas Country concert. It was a blast! George Strait auctioned off his hat and boots to get more money for some items. He also auctioned off 4 front row tickets to any date of his concert series next year and backstage passes. That went for more than a one week stay in an exclusive Costa Rican House on the beach, everything included. I would rather take the house on the beach than a concert. Afterwards there was a little concert of some of the best Texas Country singers I have ever heard. It was a lot fun and the best part, it was all free for both of us. Leland had won tickets from a local radio station for the whole thing. It's nice having a man that wins things like that, because everyone knows I don't have that kind of luck.

The rest of the week is really a blur. I am so tired at the end of the day that I don't know what is going on from day to day unless it's really special and amazing. This week there are three volleyball games since middle school starts this week, a school dance, Mom and Dad coming to town, a parent picnic to set up for, and did I mention I will be going through the temple to receive my endowments on Saturday? Yeah, so it's another busy week ahead. No rest for the weary sounds about right right now. The old saying, "I will rest when I'm dead" seems true at this point in time. I love being busy and getting things done. It's tough and I complain, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I always tell myself that I will work to the day I die, like my Grandpa Smith. I have no regrets and everything I am doing is only to better me and help me improve, and that's the best thing about it.

No comments: