Sunday, September 27, 2009

What a Great Day!

Yesterday was an amazing day! I finally went through the temple to receive my endowments. It's such a cool experience. There is really no way to describe it, besides awesomely amazing. The temple is absolutely beautiful. It's been a while since I have been in the SA Temple (the open house was the last time I was actually in the SA Temple) and I love the beauty of it all. The peace and comfort that surrounds you is truly a blessing and you know that you are in the Lord's house. Mom and Dad were able to be there, which made the day even better. It seems as though Dad has gotten over everything, almost. It was great to be able to sit and talk to him and know that he still loves me and is excited about the things going on in my life right now. Dad is definitely stressed, but I think being in the temple really helped him relax a little bit. Also, knowing that I am okay and happy with my decision helps him understand a little more as well. I was so stressed all week about Dad coming and what it was going to be like talking to him after not talking to him for almost three months. I made it out to be so much worse in my mind. It was great being with my parents in the temple and having them experience everything with me. Leland was also there, which made me feel more relaxed. I always feel so much better when I see him. My troubles, nerves and negativity seems to disappear when I see him. He is really the calm in my stormy life right now. No matter what happens in my day I know that I can turn to him and everything will be okay. Seeing him sitting next to my dad and watching my parents interact with him made me feel 100% comfortable with my decisions. Yesterday was the best day of life, well, so far. There is more joy and happiness to come and I can't wait for it!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

what a great post. Made me want to go to the temple again, soon. And isn't it so true most things we worry about are built up WAY worse in our mind than in reality?

Yangster said...

I'm finally trying to catch up on blogging. Since I have no internet it is hard but, WOW, a lot has happened in your life. I didn't know know went through the temple. Congrats! You are an amazing person. I have always thought that when I first knew you 2 years ago from teaching Relief Society. And not just cause you always brought baked goods. You just always seemed very kind and open and willing to help others. It took awhile for us to start talking but I'm glad I got to be your friend. I am also very happy for your happiness. You are a great example to me and I wish you all the luck in the world. I am very happy that you have someone to share your life with and let into your very independent world. We need to hang out sometime before some gigantic event happens and you will really have less time to just hang around. Let me know when you have free time.