Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Official!

I am now officially engaged! Everything happened last night and I was contemplating writing this last night, but I figured sleep was a little more important at that time. Here's the story:

One of my friends comes into town periodically and when she does we go to Alamo Cafe for dinner. Since I am so busy and never know when I am getting off work we went after Institute last night. Really late for me to eat, but I was starving so I didn't care. It's unusual that we let boys in on our girl's dinner, but Leland was allowed to come eat with us. We are eating and Leland says that tonight is a great night for a walk. This sent some flags up because I am the one that usually brings up the idea of going to La Cantera and walking around, so I was a little suspicious at this point. It's also a Wednesday night and we normally don't do anything on that night since it's Insitute and we are hanging out with friends afterwards. Anyway, we go for our walk around La Cantera and we head up the stairs of the new part and sit on a bench in the perfect location with the breeze going and complete peace. The music was on and we were just relaxing. A few kisses later, he reaches into his pocket gets on one knee and pops the question. I said, of course and we went back to the evening. He even had a photog there for the moments after. How neat is that? You usually don't have anyone there right after to get the expressions and stuff, so it was something that was unique and I loved it. So there's the story. Nothing flashy, nothing big, just simple and sweet. Just the way I like it.
Oh, the big day will be December 29, 2009. Yikes! That's only three months away. Whew!

6 comments:

Gladiz said...

Awesome! CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS! VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! I got the chills when I read the proposal, it sounds so much like our story...well, except for the photographer! =)

Kayla said...

ooooohhhh that is so sweet and romantic!!!!! please let me know if you need help with anything and i will do my best to help!!! i love you!!!! :D

Trin said...

can not wait!!!! so sweet on the story of how things played out. please tell me the SA temple right??? where are the pics?? fb??? i'm so happy for you two katie!!!! awww :)

Laura said...

WOW Congratulations! Where in the world have I been?!!? I didn't even know y'all were dating! Leland is a great guy! I am so happy for y'all!!!!

The Navarro's said...

Ahhhhh, Katie, Congratulations!! Are you going to post some pics? How exciting. I'm so happy for you!

Yangster said...

I'm sooo excited for you two. That is such a cute story. So perfect for you two. It makes me so happy when you see 2 amazing people get together and form a great relationship that we can all look up to and aspire to have one day. I wish you all the best.