Monday, October 26, 2009

This weekend was so great! I had one of those real weekends where I don't do any work and I just relax, ahhhhh. The weekend started off with the Institute Fall Festival Dance. I went as the cutest nerd anyone has ever seen (sorry, no pics since I didn't get any with my camera, boo). It was alot of fun. Seeing everyone dressed up and seeing how creative people can be is so much fun. There were some pretty creative costumes too. Let's see Ugly Betty, some Star Wars characters, the Sock Monster, Roadkill, the Institute Clan, the Crazy Cat Lady, John Cena and Wendy (you now, the WENDY'S Wendy) all showed up for a night of dancing and socializing. Then it was on to Saturday. I love Saturdays simply for being able to sleep in until 9am. I never get to do that during the week so it's really nice to do on the weekend. But anyway, after waking I straightened up my place, got things in order, made some baklava (yummiliciousness), and just sat down and read and relaxed. That evening Leland and I went to his department's Fall Social. It was absolutely beautiful! The weather was perfect, the food was great, and the live jazz band was wonderful. The band was having some fun of their own while they were on their break, you could smell it :) We then went back to his place and watched the UFC fights. I started falling asleep around 11 so I decided it was time to go home and sleep for real, which means I missed the main event, and from what I hear it was a pretty darn good fight. Dang it, I always miss the good ones. Oh well, there will be others very soon. On Sunday I had Stake Conference and it was great as it always is. This conference theme was based around a talk President Monson gave about being "rescued" and how to "rescue" others. It was quite the conference with many amazing speakers. Some points of emphasis: Pray, do home/visiting teaching, love, serve, temple work, genealogy, and scripture study just to name a few topics. Then it was off to a good-bye dinner for Jenny who is moving today to Utah. All in all a great weekend with fun, food, friends and family.

Oh yeah, Mom came into town for a little bit this week. Sorry for not being able to spend more time with you. Having Mom here was a huge stress relief. Mostly because she cooked dinner and I have leftovers to last the week and she filled my fridge and cabinets. I love Mom. She always seems to know what I need, which is usually food. We also got some more stuff planned for the receptions. The EP reception is going to be beautiful and the food will be delicious. I am getting excited for that. Now the biggest thing we need to do are the invitations. Doing different invitations is a hassle. There is the sealing invite, EP reception invite and RSVP cards, and the actual announcement/invite. It's just too much sometimes. As long as we get everything finalized this week and printed the invites can go out as early as next week. Let's hope it all gets done. Then we can focus more time on the reception here in SA. Crossing the fingers seems to work pretty well right now, so everyone cross your fingers that it will all get done this week. Having Mom around really helped me out this week and I was able to relax a little more. Thanks for everything Mom, I love you! Now it's time for another week to start. Back to reality for me. Have a great one!

No comments: