Monday, April 19, 2010

15 Years Ago Today

at 9:02am the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City was bombed. It's so weird how I can look back on that day and remember where I was and what I was doing, but I can't remember what happened ten minutes ago. 15 years ago doesn't seem all that long ago. I still remember going to see the site after a soccer tournament. It was heart-breaking and anger-filling at the same time. My heart broke for all those who were killed and all the innocent little children that were injured and killed. I was filled with anger thinking that two people, American citizens, could have done something like that because they were mad at the government. Everyone is mad at the government at some point in time, but not everyone scopes out a building, parks a giant U-Haul truck full of explosives in front of the building and walks away without caring about what happens next. Seriously? These little boys, and I won't even use their names or call them men and give them that respect, had no remorse, no feelings, just flat affects. I know they will receive their consequences, but I still am so angered by the thought of all those people just trying to do their jobs one minute and the next they are gone and their families are without their loved one(s).

This is what really makes me mad. On Friday I was watching the news and this story about Bill Clinton came on and some things he said. He basically said that all these people that are protesting the government are the ones that are going incite someone to do something like the OKC Bombing. Then he goes on say he is deeply grieved by those events. Here's the kicker - he said it at a remembrance for those victims of the OKC bombing! Can you believe that! Another reason to not like the Clintons. Grrrrrrr!

But the city has rebuilt after that terrible tragedy and built and amazing memorial that my friend, Chrissy, has blogged about. I was never able to see the memorial after it was finished since I moved to Texas a couple years later and have not been back since. Even though I no longer live in Oklahoma, I was still affected by that day and will always remember those men, women, and children whose lives changed forever on that day.

No comments: