Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Everyday a New Lesson Learned

I can't wait until summer starts. This year has really been a challenge. I never thought I would be so happy to see kids leave for the summer and not have to worry about seeing any of them for two and half months. The things I have learned this year are worth it though. There is an old adage that says "you learn something new everyday". This year has definately been like that. Around every corner has been a surprise and a new lesson. I learned that you cannot expect things to be the same year after year. You can't expect each kid to be the same as the kids from the year before. It has also been a learning experience in realizing people are so concerned with themselves that they really don't care about much else. Remember the teacher from the "Charlie Brown" cartoons? That's all kids hear when as adult is talking. Some kids will never shut their mouths and listen and they will be like that as an adult. When they do get into trouble they will try to argue their way out of it even though they were caught with the smoking gun and a thousand people saw them pull the trigger. Those are the kids that will never learn. Hopefully those kids are humbled somehow and learn what is they need to learn or we are in for a really bad future. I have also learned alot about myself. I have learned that as I am getting older I am becoming more of an intimidating person, more stand-offish, more blunt, more shrewd and less of the person I was in the past. I am way more cynical and sarcastic than I have ever been and it's really starting to scare me. I have had many people tell me that I intimidate them. Which isn't always a bad thing. I guess you can say that I am like Shrek and the onion analogy. I have many layers and you really have to work to get through them to get to my core and the tyoe of person I really am. I need something to help me get back to my old self. I don't like the person I am turning into. Right now it's hard for me to see the good in myself because I don't feel like I have any good. I feel as though I am on the treadmill of life. Running forever but not getting anywhere. Darn treadmills! Hopefully things will start to turn around soon.
I am still waiting for a reply form a school that I interviewed with last week. They told me the longer I waited the better the chance that I got the job. It's been a couple of days, but you never know. Hopefully this couple of days is the break I need.

No comments: