Thursday, June 26, 2008

You Really Can't Go Home Again

I thought I had something to write about but now I can't remember what I wanted to say. That happens quite a bit to me. Short attention span I guess. So I just back from visiting family this past week and a half. Let me tell ya, I am soooo happy to be back in SA. It was the most boring time I had. I also felt like I was in high school all over again. I did not have a car to drive so I had to wait for someone to come home, but I really wasn't able to go anywhere by myself without knowing that Mom or Dad would be hurt if I didn't take them with me. My last night there my mom was so upset that I wanted to see a friend that I have not seen in over two years. She just got married and moved back to EP with her husband and she was not able to eat lunch with the rest of us over the weekend so I wasn't able to see her. All I wanted was to say hi and do a little catching up and talk about the wedding. I felt horrible the whole time because Mom was upset that I didn't spend the whole last night with her. I have decided that I can't go home that much. As much as I love my dogs and my friends, time with my fam is not the greatest thing. Mom complains about Dad, Dad complains about Mom and I hear both sides of it. I am tired of being the sounding board for their frustrations. It's just too hard on me and I have to make a decision. I do not want to go home until everything is worked out and my old bedroom is cleaned out and turned into an office or entertainment room. There is so much drama and crap that I just don't want to deal with it. So there it is. No more going "home". Maybe to see friends and stay with them, but that's it. No familial contact while I am there.
I love being back in SA. I have my own life here and I love it. My friends, the few I have, are here and the rest of my life is here. I am grateful to be here and learn the things I have and met the people I have met and associated with. I have so much fun here. I am busy with life and love it. It's what I have always wanted and I am grateful for the experience. I really am grateful for everything I have been blessed with.

No comments: