Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just Politics as Usual

So last night was the first real presidential debate between Barack Obama and John McCain. I tried to watch it, but I can't get through the mudslinging. So then I tried to watch the post debate and all I heard was more persnal attacks and mudslinging. I just wish there were politicians that would really stick to politics and leave the personal attacks on the low, the way downlow. I can't honestly vote for people who act like they are still in high school and the other person will do anything to win even if that means completely berating someone else. It's awful. I was listening to part of a post debate interview with Biden and he mentioned something about Palin having the possiblity of becoming the president as "one heart beat away". He meant it in a negative light that McCain is so old that he could die at any moment. If you think about, so could Obama, duh! Everyone is only a heartbeat away from dying. It is all in how you say things. I was watching some tv show the other week and there was a little vinette about everything being about the voice you use when talking about something and they were doing something about cats. The first voice was a sweet upbeat voice that made everything sound nice. The next voice was like it came from the depths of evil and eventhough the same pictures and words were used you felt as though there was something wrind with what was being said. It was almost as if cats were evil and there is no sweetness. It's all in how you perceive and use voice inflection and tone. Anything can be said to sound negative or positive.
Who am I going to vote for? Honestly, I don't like any candidate. There is no clear winner for me. Either way I think things are going to get worse before they goet better. We know they are. We are living in the fullness of times, these are the last days. What's going to happen next? I don' know, but I have a feeling many people are going to regret choosing whom they chose. I really don't know. The way I see it though, if I don't vote then I have no room to complain. Not one candidate believes in the things I believe in. Not one really knows what it's like to be in my shoes or want the things I want for the country. Either way, the rich will get richer and the poor will become poorer. That's the way it has been since the beginning. I really want some normal Joe Shmoe to run for office. I would rather vote for Joe Shmoe than for someone who really doesn't know or doesn't remember what it is like to have to struggle with paying bills and getting by from month to month. There needs to be more people like that in politics. I think people may start like that then they get more and more money and they forget. Do you really remember what is was like when you were first married and had no idea how you were going to pay for dinner or gas in the car or diapers for your first baby? If politicians could truly remember what it was like when they were considered lower class or middle class instead of upper class(elitist) then I think there would be more satisfaction with politics. I am tired of talking about politics. There are so many other things dealing with politics that I could talk about, but I'm not going to. I am not that into politics anymore. I have become disenchanted with how people only look to make another person look bad that I don't care about it anymore. If there was someone who really wanted the same things I did and really understood then I would be more interested. But for now, I will forego the rest. Will I vote? Maybe, maybe not. Only that second Tuesday in Novemeber will tell.

No comments: