Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today was such a wierd day to not have to go to work. I would have totally loved having Monday instead of Tuesday off, but it was all good. You know, I could get use to this whole mid-week day off. It's pretty fun! I took today and went to Austin. I love Austin. A lot has changed since high school but it is still beautiful. There are more houses in the hills. Zilker Park looked like Woodstock had just been there and some of the old restaurants and places I use to chill at were no longer there. It was great being able to drive on 360 (Capitol of Texas Highway) and not be stuck in traffic. When I was in high school I was in Austin 4-6 days/week for soccer practice and games. I was able to get to know the rush hour and weekend traffic. I was there today during the middle of the day so it was nice to be able to enjoy and look around as I was driving. I went to Austin to see if any of the Honda dealers had the Civic Hybrid in stock so I could test drive one, but unfortunately, I could not find one. The one I found was closed down. It turned out to be a great day. I visitied the Texas Capitol building for the first time ever. I have been living in Texas for something like 14yrs and I have never been to the capitol building. Can you believe that? 14 yrs and not one visit to the capitol. Wow! I finally took the time to visit and I loved it! I had a blast walking around the grounds and watching the squirrels. Although there was one squirrel I was trying to take a picture of that was quite scary, I never knew when he was going to dive bomb me from the tree. I had taken a picture of him and he started climbing the tree that was in front of me. While in the tree his gaze never left me so I thought it would make for a great picture. My camera froze up at that time and I am grateful it did. I think if it hadn't I would have been dive bombed. It was still a great walk and fun time.
I loved today! I hope to be able to do this again sometime soon. Mid-week days off should be the norm from now on.

1 comment:

Yangster said...

You now have 2 loyal readers. Me and Chrissy. I feel like i know u better now. Just a little help on this whole blogger thing: Pictures. I used to not post them up until chrissy showed me how. It's nice. I'll help u if you want. take care.