Saturday, September 6, 2008

Signs of Fall Are All Around

This past week has been much better. The first week of school is always the hardest and all other weeks can only get better from there. Week two down thirty four more left. This year I feel more relaxed and confident than in year's past. After talking to my grandma last night I have never been more sure that what I am doing in my life is the right thing to do.
I don't want to talk about work or anything serious like that today. College football. Tonight, my alma mater plays against UT. The Longhorns. I know my school will lose big time but it won't keep me from watching the game. I like to watch my alma mater fail sometimes. The administration there doesn't really care about the education they are giving the students so to see the school fail once in a while is quite refreshing. I still have ties to the school through friends and being a former athlete. It will be fun to watch my school on national tv.
My favorite team of all time has to OU. Today I watched as they started to blow out Cincinnati (I know I spelled it incorrectly, but I am not perfect) then ABC cut the game to go to the Ole Miss-Wake Forest game. That game was a nail bitter. Wake Forest, the #20 ranked team in the nation, was down by two points until they made a field goal with 3 seconds left. I guess it's okay to cut a blow out game I was watching for a closer game, but did it have to be the game the Sooners were playing? I would have liked to see the rest of the OU game, but they never went back to it. It probably wasn't worth it to go back to the game. College football season is in full swing and I love it! College football show true love of the sport. Sure the players are being given scholarships, but they are also students that would not be where they are unless they have a goal to graduate college or make a career out of playing a game they have grown up loving. The players don't play for the name on the back of the jersey; rather, they play for the name on the front. I love it. It is pure sport.
I have also found a show that I love. House. House is a great show. I love the character House and how he drives everyone crazy. He is honest about everything. He doesn't care about what others think of him. He may be distant and brash, but I love it. The medical mysteries are fun too. House is a great show. If only I can remember when it is on then all will be good.
Fall is right around the corner and I am so excited for it!

No comments: