Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weather, Sports, Hanging Out

So this whole Hurricane Ike thing was a total bust for the SA. I was really loking forward to a couple of days of wind, rain, and a natural car wash. But, alas, all the reports for SA were wrong. Right now it's a little cloudy a little breezy, but other than that, nothing. I am a little disappointed because I didn't make any plans for tonight and now I have nothing to do. Oh, well I can manage. Ike has battered Galveston Island and Houston. Galveston is under water, almost completely and windows have been blown out of buildings in downtown Houston. Many people refused to leave the area even though they were told that staying there would be certain death. If I were told that staying someplace would mean certain death then I would like to think I would leave. The Texas Coast has been battered with hurricanes this year while the SA can't seem to get a drop of rain in this severe drought. What do we need to do for a little rain?

I started playing soccer again. It was so much fun. I can't believe I have gone this long without playing soccer. I have missed it so much. What was I thinking not playing for so long? I love the sport. I love the game. I love the intelligence it takes to play the game. I am grateful for the opportunity to play again. It may be small-sided but it's fun.

This week I was again reminded of why I don't like hanging out places and why I don't quite fit in with my peers. Wednesday nights Mama Margie's does karaoke. I have not been but decided to go this past week. I got there and no one even noticed I was there. No one talked to me except a few peple who said hi. So more reason I don't like to hang out. When I hang out I really just disappear. So, that's it, no more hanging out. I'm just not the hanging out kind of person. Oh, well. I will find something that's more me, like walking around the shopping centers dreaming of one day being able to afford the things I really want. Chillin in the casa for a truly realxing experience. I will find something to fill my time besides cleangin home and working. It may take a little while, but I will find something. Trust me, I will find something.

No comments: