Monday, July 13, 2009

Just What I Thought Would Happen

So I made the decision to not accept the job in EP. I told Dad this morning and he is still mad as all else at me for waiting so long. I thought the first thing he would say was "Okay, if that is what you really want then I support you." The total opposite happened. "Okay, that puts me in a really bad spot now." What?! I was a little taken aback by that answer. About 45 minutes later after dropping Dad at the apartment so I could go to the gym he says, "I want to talk about this when you get home." I know I burned some bridges with people. I am ready to accept the consequences for this decision. I didn't have to have a thirty minute lecture about it all. I explained my side of everything and there was still that question in his mind that he just couldn't understand why. It was so clear that this is what I wanted a month ago, but something happened and things started changing. I told him that I wasn't happy in EP anymore. It's great to visit, but I could not live there. This last trip really made that clear to me. Now, Dad is not talking to me, which I expected to happen since he has done that every time I have made a decision he doesn't like, and I have to call and smooth things over for him with his principal and the assistant athletics director. I hope that is easier than what Dad has described it to be. I just kinda blind-sided Dad and I fear that it will be taken out on him with his principal who takes everything very personally. I hope I can explain it to her and still be able to keep my dad's credibility in tact.

1 comment:

ccragun said...

Good luck to you, Katie. Sorry things are tough with your dad right now. Stay strong! The Lord will bless you for your decision :)