Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yesterday Dad had his eye surgery and everything went well. Mom sent me a picture of him. My only comment, "Arrrrrrgh!" That's right, Dad is a pirate, for the time being anyway. Every eye surge comes with a nifty little pirate eye patch. I always make fun of him for it. Now he will be able to see out of his left eye and be a little safer of a driver, especially at night. Maybe now I can trust him behind the wheel a little more.
I also had some bad news with all this good news. Remember back in March when Mom had a surge to remove a tumor from her parathyroid? Well, Mom has had the same symptoms she had before the surge and her hormone levels have not balanced out to this day. Mom did a lot of research online about everything and talked to her doctor about it. She found that when you have had the ectomy of a tumor (like that medical jargon don't ya?) and you still have problems then there could still be a tumor there. Even though all the tests were clear of any tumors the research suggested that there could be a lot of false negatives with the testing. Mom's doc confirmed what she had researched and told her that they would wait until October to do more testing and see where her levels are at that time. If they still are not down then she will have another surge. This really is the year for Gilmore surges. I have had one, Daddio has had two and is still in need of another, and Madre is going to have a second. When it rains, it pours.
Speaking of rain... SA has not had any rain! Okay, there has been a little, but not enough to really make a difference. On top of that, SA has had the hottest July in history and is expected to break the most summer days of 100+ temps for the summer. Two more days and that record should be broken. The kicker, no rain in sight, even into August and temps will continue to be 100+ for the next really long while. Crazy times with this weather!
So I now am officially totally moved into my new place. All the pictures are on the walls, clothes are on hangers, dishes have been used for actual cooking, the living room is complete and I have a new tv. I am so excited and relieved to finally be done with it all! No more moving for at least another year. Whew!
About three more weeks and I will be back to work. I am always excited to get back to work and get back into the swing of things. I feel so weird when I am not on a normal working pattern. I miss work. I complain about a lot of stuff that happenes at work, but who doesn't? I really do love what I do and love the opportunities I have to grow and be better at what I do. What does this year have in store for me? No idea, but I can't wait to find out!

2 comments:

Gladiz said...

Everything will turn out wonderfully. Glad your Dad is doing well after the surgery.

5 Walls and Counting said...

Wow! It really does pour when it rains dosen't it? Don't you wish you could just move that figurative rain to literal rain on too Sunny San Antone? I hope it all goes well for the Gilmore clan.