Sunday, December 20, 2009

I really don't know what to write about today, but I feel as though I should write at least a little something. Today will be my last Sunday in a Singles Ward. I will also be teaching the Relief Society lesson. It's a great lesson about the prophet Joseph Smith. It is the last lesson in the manual. The topic is the testimonies of all the prophets since Joseph Smith about Joseph Smith. The words are beautiful and so true. I am excited to be facilitating discussion about this chapter of the book. I am excited and nervous. I think I am more nervous about this than getting married. Everyone is starting to ask if I am nervous yet. No, not really. At least not yet. I am still trying to figure things out about the apartment and what still needs to be done. I think I have it somewhat workable. At least I have how the food is going to fit. This past Wednesday one of my friends threw me a shower. It was a blast. I am grateful that only a handful of people attended the shower because if any more than what showed had some I would not have room for all the food. Oh, the shower was a pantry shower. All the guests had to bring pantry items that started with the letters of their first and last names. I got a lot of great stuff, especially dessert items. My cupboards are full to overflowing. Thanks to all who were able to come and contribute to my empty shelves. I am forever grateful to you. Like I said earlier, I really have no idea what I am writing about today, just a lot of hodge podge. Oh yeah, Congratulations Lovey and Andrew! You will have a wonderful life together. That's it for today. More to come later in the week as everything really starts to get down to the nitty gritty.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I wasn't nervous AT ALL about getting married. Not even a flutter of nerves the morning of... just excitement! It was like my birthday, or christmas, or some other fun day :-)