Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas!

Yesterday was a great day! It was my first real Christmas away from my family. I spent one Christmas away from my mom and dad about four years ago, but I was with my great aunt and uncle and great grand-mother so I was still with family. This year I was with future family, well, three days away from being real family. It was a relaxing day. I went to Leland's and when I got there he was making German pancakes, Yum! After breakfast we relaxed a little then opened gifts. My favorite gift is what Leland got me. He didn't have any wrapping paper so it was in the box the store gave him which had the store name on it. I thought I knew what it was right away, but I was tricked. I knew it was from COACH, my favorite bag shoppe, but it wasn't what I thought it was. I thought it was a regular handbag, but it was so much more! I had just mentioned a couple of months ago in passing that there was a fragrance that I loved that COACH makes. When I opened the box there was this beautiful silver bag filled with the fragrance and the matching body cream. It was perfect. I love that I can mention one little thing and he remembers it. I wish I had the steal trap of a mind that Leland has. I have to hear things over and over and over again before I can remember any of it. He hears it once and BAM it's in his head. The rest of the day was full of talking with family, trying to help my mom through the first Christmas without me, movies, and a wonderful dinner of ham, veggies and funeral potatoes. All in all it was a wonderful day. I even talked my mom into coming to SA a day early. As I type she is on her way here. The dryer just went off meaning it's time to get back to work.

No comments: