Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Three weeks and counting! Exactly three weeks from today my whole world will change. I will not longer be Kathryn Gilmore, but Kathryn Page. It's so weird typing that after all these years of typing my normal name. At least it won't take as much time signing receipts as it does now, lol. There are still lots of things to be done, but it's nothing too major and it's all coming together.


Excitement is in the air! The kids at school are way excited too. All of my volleyball girls are starting to countdown the days and weeks. It's actually a little funny. Sometimes I think they are more excited than I am. I would look at it in a bad way that they are more excited than I am and it made me worry and think. "Shouldn't I have that same level of excitement? I mean I have been waiting for this day my whole life that I can remember. I should be way more excited than what I am", but then I started thinking they don't have the worry and fear that goes along with it. They just see everything from the fun, oh-how-cute perspective of it all. They don't have to think about combining two separate lives into one, or what to do with all the stuff, or how much the daily activities are going to change, and so on. Don't worry, they will feel the stress someday when they start going through all of this.



One chapter of my life is about close and another one open. As I think back to what my life has been to up until this point I see the joys, pains, struggles, and experiences that I have gained from it all. As I look to the preview of the next chapter I see more joys, pains, struggles and experiences. This time I see another person that will experience those things with me and we can learn from them together as a family. I am really looking forward to this next chapter and can't wait to see what happens, yay!

2 comments:

Elle Emme said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! This August, my eight year old niece, Zoe, started 3rd grade. Her 2nd grade teacher changed grades, so she got to keep her beloved Miss Cercy. I talked to Zoe after her first day of school. First words out of her mouth (and she practically screamed them on the phone), "MISS CERCY"S ENGAGED! SHE"S GETTING MARRIED IN NOVEMBER!" She probably even told me the date, but I don't remember. Anyhow, they do find weddings thrilling and I agree with you as to the reasons why.

Chrissy said...

You have such a healthy perspective, Katie :-) I am so excited for you guys. You are going to make such a great couple.