Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reflections

I am sitting at work right now and trying to think if I have done a 2009 reflection of all the events that happened to me last year. I don't think I have done that so here it goes.

January 2009:
Enchanted Rock was a blast. I wish I could post pictures, but I lost my flash that has all my pics on it =0(
An appendectomy and a week's stay in the hospital after an infection occurred. Good news 1) don't have to go through that again and 2) 3 weeks of extended Christmas vacation =0)

Febrauary 2009:
Still recovering from the surge and stuff so no big time events except starting workouts again.

March 2009:
Happy Birthday to me and all other March babies out there. 27 years is getting pretty old.
Mom had her second parathyroid surge to get out the tumor. I went to help her out for the week. It was quite fun and surprisingly relaxing.

April 2009:
State soccer finals was so much fun to watch. The skilled players, the bad calls from refs, and seeing my former high school coach were all highlights. The cold and rain, however, were not.

May 2009:
The gym at school was finally finished! Too bad we couldn't use it until the last two days of school.
Alamo Ward was split to form the Alamo 1st and Alamo 2nd Wards.

June 2009:
Third year of teaching down, whew!
Started taking my ILD/PDAS classes.
100 degree weather begins =0{

July 2009:
Finished ILD/PDAS and became a certified teacher evaluator and expert in evaluations in the eyes of the court.
Went to Colorado Springs again with Dad for a family friend's wedding reception.
Got a job at the Franklin 9th grade Center. Turned it down and severely upset Dad.
Moved to a new apartment and went from one stake to another and one ward to another. Two wards, two stakes, one year.
Started dating Leland

August 2009:
Continued the dating game. Leland tells me he loved me, I am not too sure at this point but having a great time with him.
Fourth year of teaching started.
Began organizing the school athletics program. Started with coaching the girl's volleyball team.

September 2009:
Leland and I become unofficially engaged.
I go through the temple and receive my endowments.
Parents come to visit and Dad is no longer upset with my career decision.

October 2009:
Officially engaged! Let the shunning phase begin from people who are single. It's funny thinking back to what happened throughout the engagement. Yes, I starting doing more with my hubs-to-be, but I still tried to make it to as many functions as I could. Even with my efforts it still happened.
Best Halloween Party ever!

November 2009:
A lack-luster volleyball season is finally over!
Basketball try-outs followed by angry parent e-mails questioning my abilities as a coach. Funny stuff these people say.
Thanksgiving at home with the fam and Leland in EP. Ran the Turkey Trot in 33 degree weather and shaved off 2 minutes from my previous 5K time (and that was altitude too)

December 2009:
Got married!
Joined my third ward and third stake in one year. How often do you get to do that and live in only two different apartments? It's pretty rare outside Utah ;)
Started trying to combine two separate lives.

All in all an eventful year. It was one of the best years on record for me. Of course, all of my years are the best. There were some trouble spots, trials, and rocky roads, but everything was fro my experience and I loved every minute of it. Oh, the bell just rang. Time to get back to the real world.

1 comment:

Gladiz said...

Cool post. Looks like you had a very exciting year! But I am sure this one will be even more exciting and adventurous!