Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What a Weekend!

Such a great weekend this past weekend! So I have been completely bugged about the apartment being a huge catastrophic mess the past three weeks due to Leland moving all his stuff in and all the reception leftovers and other stuff building up. I feel bad for Leland because he has had to listen to me complain about not having time to get things done. I give him much props for taking my complaints and not being irritated (or at least showing his irritation). Saturday after taking my car to the shop and leaving it there all day (which is why I had time, no car = no go) and after Leland left for all his football meetings I got straight to work. It was an overwhelming task, but I took it one room at a time and cleaned everything up, what I could clean anyway. I can now see the top of the cocktail table. The bar area by the kitchen is more or less organized and not so cluttered. The dining room table is cleared and we can finally eat at it. Book shelves are in place with books organized on them. The only place in the apartment that is not 100% organized is the bedroom, but I have a feeling it will be done very shortly. Trying to combine two separate lives is hard stuff! For all my single friends, get rid of the junk that you have lying around. If you haven't used it don't fool yourself into thinking that you will use it in the near future, because you won't. If it has a great memory, take a picture, place it in your journal and write about why it has such a great memory for you. It will keep the junk down and give you some great journal entries that your kids, grand kids and the rest of your posterity will love. The evening was full of fun shopping using gift cards we received from people as wedding gifts. Looking back, we should have just registered for gift cards. I even was able to start organizing things for thank you cards. If you are expecting one, it will happen shortly, I hope.

Sunday was so relaxing! I love church at 9am. I always feel really tired, but after being spiritually fed I am fully awake and ready to take on the rest of the day. I love being able to just chill with my husband, take a nap, do some baking, and watch a little football. This past Sunday was a real rest day, something I have not had in years, or so it seems. I loved Sunday. Sundays are the greatest day of the week!

Since it was Martin Luther King Day on Monday it was an extension of the weekend. Leland and I did some more shopping and finally upgraded the bed. Which reminds me, does anyone have a need for a full size bed, a year and half old? Frame, box springs, mattress, head board, and bedding are included. We then went to Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse. Can we say I love Brazilian food now? It was an experience for the taste buds. If you have never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse, you have got to go. It is rather expensive though, lunch is about 20 bones per, but totally worth it. All you can eat meats and salad bar. There's even side dishes and desserts if your stomach can handle the stretch and is big enough. The service is wonderful! It's really a great experience that you have to do yourself to totally understand. I was told about this great place all the time, but until I actually went through the process I didn't fully appreciate or understand it. GO! A little warning, do not, I repeat, do not try to go for a run the same day you eat that much. I was sooooo sick during and after the run. I felt bad for my running partner because he normally does about five to six miles and I think we only did about 2 1/2 to 3 miles. Later in the evening we went to one of my co-workers for games. I won the game, Fact or Crap, and beat Leland by one point. It was sweet. We then played the new Mario Bros game on the Wii. I can now see how people can become addicted to it. I want it now! We should get it before too long. We just have to find a store that is carrying it right now.

All in all it was a great weekend. I am probably missing some details but I got the major stuff. I had forgotten what a real weekend was like, and I love what a real weekend is all about. With that said have a great week and a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Elle Emme said...

Aw man! I want a full-size bed, but it would be way too much hassle to retrieve from San Antonio and transfer to Albuquerque. Easier and probably less expensive for me to get a new one of my own.

Anyhow, congrats on the organization project progress. Great suggestion about taking the picture of the things you want to remember but don't use anymore. I did some of that before leaving my apartment om San Antonio. It helps!

My Aunt Mary has now taught me her way to tackle overwhelming cleaning projects. Go in small but ever-widening circles around the rooms which need it. Also, you can set time limits like ten minutes at a time and then go to a different room. One more tip she gave me, if you are in a room, dedicate yourself to that room for that ten minutes, don't waste time running around. Anything that needs to be put in other rooms can be gathered by the entrance to the room and taken out when the time is up. When she followed her own rules, I couldn't believe how quickly her house would go from tornado/disaster area to tip-top organizational wonderland!