Friday, December 3, 2010

Tis the Season!

I am so excited it's the Christmas season! I love this time of year. This year I have actually decorated a little bit. I have placed a few of my favorite Nativity scenes on my cocktail table and on the shelf between the kitchen and the living room. The other Nativities are more for a Christmas tree that will be coming out very shortly. I just have to find out where to place it. Things were so much easier before I started living with a boy. I actually had room for all my decorations and I knew ahead of time where everything was going to go. I still don't know where the tree is going to go because there is so much stuff in there. I really need a house or some place with two bedrooms so there can be an office for Leland's bookshelves and desk. When Dad was visiting he talked to me about getting a bigger place. I agree, we need something bigger, but we are tied in to our lease until July and we really don't know where we are going to be next year after Leland graduates so houses are a little out of the question right now. I digress.
Christmas! Last year there was so much focus on the wedding that Christmas just kinda got pushed aside. This year, I am starting Christmas off right. I love music.yahoo.com because I can have Christmas music all day at work. Teachers and some students have walked into my office and heard the music and their spirits are a little lifted. I love the music of the season, it makes me happy. I still have not done any shopping because I have no idea what to get anyone this year. Finances are tight this year, so there may be some homemade gifts or just cards in the future. Seeing that I am not crafty nor do I have the ability to make things look nice the homemade gift may not work, so cards it is!
The thing I love the most about this season is the focus on Christ. Many people would rather focus on the shopping and the crowds and everything else, but that's the 100th thing on the list when it comes to CHRISTmas. As the season begins and all things Christmas are underway, think about those around you and how you can serve them. Think about our loving Heavenly Father who gave his Only Begotten Son. Think about the birth of the Savior. Remember what he did for you so that you could someday live with your Heavenly Father again. This season I am going to strive to do all those things. Gifts are not important, but family, time with friends and other loved ones, and Jesus Christ are. Merry Christmas (not Happy Holidays)?

No comments: