Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to School. . .

And I'm already ready for Christmas Break. It has been a bear of a week. I was told on Monday that I was not allowed to smile at the kids, ever. Then I was told the first day of school was a complete disaster because the kids did not leave the cafeteria in an elementary order. Meaning that the high schoolers were let go when the bell rang in one big group not led out by a teacher by grade level and section. Then, half the lockers do not work. I tried every single combination in the book for those lockers and NONE of them worked. I have been chewed out by not only parents who refuse to follow school protocol but by my principal as well. I never want a repeat of this week, ever again.

I also found out this weekend that my husband's little cousin William (he's about 2 or 3 years old) has tumors on his brain. He is at a children's hospital in Utah. Many prayers and people fasting for that little boy. He is a doll and a half and the funniest little kid I have ever seen. IN the words of little William "Aw, Man!"

On the bright side, my energy is through the roof! I have not had any feelings of wanting a nap in the middle of the day even after getting only a few hours of sleep every night. The surgery was a success and the biopsy came back clean. I go back to the doc this week to do some blood tests to make sure all my levels are still good and in the clear. My mom told me about this cloud she felt like she was under before she had her surgery and then after it was lifted. I didn't really understand her at the time, but I do now. I feel like my old self again! I am so happy I had the surgery.

Today Leland and I will finally get to go dryer shopping! He was able to secure some financial aid and receive two months worth of pay. This will make laundry way easier to do. I hate having to wash my clothes at home then go to the laundromat to dry. I would also hate to go to the laundromat to wash and bring home to dry. Either do it all at home or all at the mat, but going between both is awful! Hopefully we can find something within our price range.

Well, that's all I have time for right now. Maybe I can write some more later, maybe ;) Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: