Monday, August 8, 2011

The surgery was a success! The two adenomas and glands were removed and my levels have dropped to normal. The strangest thing happened during the surgery though. I swear to all that is good in this world that I began to wake-up during the surgery. I know some people don't believe me, but at one point I remember hearing the doctor talking and feeling a pulling on my neck as well as a burning in my neck. I also remember trying to move some part of my body and trying to yell to let them know I was felling something, but I couldn't do anything. It was strange. I have heard of this happening to people before, but I have had four previous surgeries and have never had that happen so I though it would never happen to me and it never even crossed my mind. From what I have heard from news shows about the phenomenon, it happened. The things I heard described is what I felt. Call me crazy or say it was all in my head if you want, but I know it happened.

The recovery has been slow and I am not happy at all. I have been locked up in my apartment for four days, four days! I am going crazy! I am not suppose to go anywhere until my doc appointment on Wednesday, but I have to get back to work Tuesday. Whatever the doc doesn't know won't hurt, right? I am also doing my best to let Leland take care of me. My mom came for a few days and did a great job of being Nurse Mom. It's not easy for me to be so helpless. I want everything to go okay at the doc so I have to keep reminding myself to stay down and let other people do things for me.

In news from around the country, the US has lost it's triple A (AAA) credit rating and the markets from around the world are crashing. The Dow has lost 600+ points in less than a full day of trading. The world is starting a huge slippery slope of markets. Fox News just showed the European markets and every country has lost huge. Just another sign of the times.

I am starting to feel a little light-headed so I should get back to my recovery. Have a great week!

No comments: