Monday, August 1, 2011

Surgery. . .

is a go. Friday I received a call from the doc office saying the scans showed a bilateral parathyroid adenoma and a possible thyroid adenoma. I will have the two glands with the adenomas removed and a possible thyroid biopsy if there is something there. I am fine with the removal of the parathyroids, no sweat. I am more worried about the thyroid adenoma. All the "what ifs" start coming to mind. What if it's cancerous? What if it's metastasized? What if what if, what if? On the other hand there is relief knowing that what is ailing me could be gone forever if the adenomas are removed successfully. Such a mix of emotions! Now it's a race against time to prepare every needful thing not only at home, but at work as well. I have my surgery Thursday and the following Tuesday teachers and admins go back to work. I have to make sure I have all my presentations ready so that I don't have to try to do too much when I get back. That's the plan for today. Get all my presentations updated and ready to go. In order to finish all that, I have to stop playing around on the computer. Have a wonderful Monday and an amazing week!

No comments: