Monday, April 13, 2009

Review of the Past

I just realized I have been blogging for about a year now. I never stay with record-keeping of any kind for that long, so I am really proud of myself. One year and counting!

So this past week was a really difficult one. As the school year winds down my classes are getting more and more out of control and I just don't know what to do. I have decided that with my 6A/B class I am not going to have them get dressed out. It's just too frustrating and takes way too long. On top of that half the class doesn't dress out anyway so I am no longer going to make them dress out. They can go through the rest of the day smelling bad and looking all sweaty. This way I don't have to go back on my syllabus. I will excuse them from dressing out and offer it as extra credit instead. Maybe that will get some others to start dressing out and acting right. We'll see. My other classes are the same way. I am just so tired of fighting with them every day of every week. There are only seven weeks left (6 1/2 if you count the three days we have as holidays and really 5 if you count the last week as half days) and I know things are not going to get any easier. I just want to be in my gym for the last six weeks. Why can't I go in there right now? I would like to enjoy the gym that has been promised to me for the past three years. Last week was one I would rather forget. The only three redeeming qualities of the week was the Laser Quest trip with a couple of my 8th grade classes that was a blast! And I do not cheat at Laser Quest, I'm just that good (haha!). I was ambushed a few times by a group of boys that thought it would be fun to follow me around and not leave me alone. After a minute or so I was no longer the fun prey. I turned into the predator finding my open "hiding" place and picking people off one by one. Fun times and a first place finish. What more could you ask for?

Saturday was the Texas High School State Soccer Championships. I loved being there watching the games. There was almost a fight at the end of the 4A boys final. That was a dumb game. The ref had no control whatsoever. In a state final you have to have complete control and call an airtight game. If you don't all control is lost and you have lost your credibility as a ref. Pearce won the 4A girls game. There was a player that was AMAZING! I could not believe the footwork of this girl, she was the MVP in my book, but she didn't get that award I think it went to the girl who scored the winning goal. Kinda sad, the player who created all the opportunities and was just so much fun to watch did not receive the highest honor of state MVP. The 5A girls game started really slow and boring. The 4A games was way better. Coppell started off the scoring and were up 1-0 at half. After half The Woodlands scored a couple of goals to go up 2-1 then Coppell came back to tie it up then in the last couple of minutes went ahead 3-2 and the game ended in Coppell winning. I was disappointed by the play of the 5A girls. All they did was play kickball. I expected more from two top-tier teams. I didn't watch the boy's 5A game because it didn't start until 6pm and I had a long drive home.
Finally Sunday, the greatst day of the week, especially this past Sunday. Yesterday was Easter. Only the greatest day of the year. The program at church was beautiful with the songs and speakers. The whole things centered around Christ, which, duh, it should. I was just so into everything. It was a great day to remember and be grateful for what the Lord has done for us. After church I went to Linda's for the BEST sweet and sour chicken I have ever had in my entire life. I wish I had brought my camera to take pictures of the whole evening. If you ever get a chance to eat Linda's sweet and sour chicken you have to really savor the flavors and soak it all in. No restaurant in the world can even come close to what was on my plate last night. Linda, thanks for the meal, it was AWESOME! I love hanging with Linda and the others that were there. It's so much fun to talk to them and just hang out around the house. It was such a relaxing evening. Just what I needed after the week I had last week. That's how you top off a weekend, with a great Sunday thinking and remembering what the Savior has done for us and eating great food with great friends.

2 comments:

5 Walls and Counting said...

I don't envy you doing the whole end of year school thing. Last year when I was teaching P.E. right before Halloween, Christmas,and the end of the year the kids were HOLY TERRORS! But just be like the refs over the championship games and ref an "air tight game" and all will be well!

Rebex said...

Yay for a year of blogging! Keep it up! If anything, it'll help you get through these last weeks of school. :)