Thursday, June 4, 2009

Schools Out For Summer!

YAY! Schools out for summer! In a few hours at least. This year has been a trying one. With Having PE classes in a cafeteria with two pillars in the middle of it and tables on the side was quite an experience. Also, having no equipment to use made things a little more difficult. I thought I had it rough when I was outside in the blazing hot Texas sun everyday with only a concrete slab with two basketball goals and a sharp rock-infested area to play on. That was paradise compared to the cafeteria. I find it funny when teachers at other schools complain about having to share a grassy area the size of a football field with another class. At least they have grass so kids don't fall and split open their heads (which happened my first year. We now affectionately call that kid Staple Head b/c he got 6 staples in his head that day. Don't worry, he thinks the name is pretty awesome. I think it's in his email addy.) That makes me so much more grateful for what I have, a gym. I was able to actually take a class in there yesterday. Of course, now everyone wants to have time in there before the end of the day today. Oh! This is the funniest thing that happened yesterday with the gym. I am suppose to be the person in charge of scheduling the gym. I see a group of kids going into the gym. They, nor anyone else for that matter, had permission or scheduled in time to be in there. I ask them who gave them permission to be in there. They told me one of the AP's gave permission. Makes me mad that the people who are telling me that anyone who uses the gym must be scheduled to use it doesn't take the lead and schedule the use. Grrrrr. So then I see a teacher with a plate of food and a bottle of Sprite about to walk in. I tell him no food or drinks in the gym. He walks in anyway and sits there eating his food and drinking his Sprite. Do we not understand what is meant by, "NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE GYM"? Well, maybe he doesn't since I have never heard him speak and every time I talk to him he looks at me funny like he doesn't understand anything. Maybe he really doesn't understand English. Grrrrrr. You expect kids to follow the rules, yet the people that should be the examples and show them how to follow the rules, well, they don't.
I am really excited for summer. I will be taking a couple of classes that last about two weeks and getting some much needed help in getting more stuff added to my principal certification. Hopefully, this will make me a little more marketable. I will also be going to visit my family for a week or so then moving. I will either move into a great apartment with washer/dryer and about 200 more square feet for only $25 more per month, or move to El Paso. I am not sure which one will happen but July 1 is the drop-dead day. Then I can relax and try to get things going for the school year and really get serious about my workouts. Maybe I will start doing some two-a-days like when I was in college. That will really help me out and get me fit. Man, I am so so excited for summer! I can't wait to see what these following months have in store for me.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

How exciting Katie! So you might move to El Paso even though you finally have a gorgeous gym to use?

Rebex said...

Yay! You did it! It's so weird your summer is just starting. Mine feels like it's dragging on and on. I'm so excited for classes to start next week. :)