Monday, June 1, 2009

Things Are Going

Things are going strong. It is the last week of work before summer sets in and I am ecstatic! I can't wait to be able to workout in the mid-mornings, stay up late, go out with friends and not have to worry about being up at 5 freaking 30 in the a.m., and get on a regular eating schedule. This past year I was on a "no-pizza" diet. I have gone a full year without pizza, can you believe it?! Pizza was a staple in my diet for years. Every Friday was pizza night at Pizza Factory when I was in EP, it became my back-up when I was too lazy to cook something, and I had a slice or two for every event at the school with the students. It made up the bulk of my diet. A year without and I really don't miss it. Will I continue the no pizza craze? No, I just won't eat some types of pizza. I will start making my own pizzas so I can control what goes into the crust and and on top. The pizza ban is no more, but I will be more careful about how often and what kinds of pizza I eat.
My new ban, fast food. For real, I'm serious. This has been a real problem the past few years. Due to my schedule and me not liking to eat after 7pm I routinely stop at Wendy's or Taco Cabana or Sonic for dinner. I don't order the fattest, nastiest things on the menu, but it's still fast food and I need to stop the addiction. This means I will really have to plan my meals and make sure everything is in order before I leave my house. Thankfully I have the summer to get use to this new way of doing things. Who knows what this is going to be like, but it's worth a shot. If I can make it through this then I can make it through anything! Well, almost anything.
More news on the career front. My dad called me Friday afternoon after he was finished at work and made some interesting comments. The principal at his school came to him telling him about a SPED position that is more than likely (meaning a 100%) chance of opening up this summer. To work at his school would be a great blessing. He also said he was getting ready to do the evaluation of his current assistant coach. I know what she is like and what she does, so I know the eval did not go all that great. He is giving her some ultimatums and if she can't comply then she will be gone as the assistant and that opens the door for me to come and take that place. That is, of course, unless someone in the district has some friend that is looking to get into that school and wants a position like that. There is another possibility on the job front. Here's the thing, and I have been doing a lot of thinking about this and I mean a lot. While it would be great to have a job opportunity like that would I really want to move back home? Is this just a way for Dad to try to get me back home so he has someone to talk to about soccer and give him ideas and help him out? Is this really a situation I want to be in? Am I ready for the possible backlash about nepotism in the hiring process? Would my talents be best utilized here? Do I want to leave people who have been a great influence in my life and have made me a better person? Have I stopped progressing here in SA? Do I really need to leave? I guess a lot of this is depending upon a few things. First, what will I be offered at my current place of employment? I will not find out until tomorrow at 10am. Second, will I be contacted about any of the positions I am going for before July 1st? Will it really benefit me to leave? There is so much uncertainty, but at least it's uncertainty in a positive direction.
Yesterday was the big day when the Alamo Ward became the Alamo 1st and Alamo 2nd wards. I am a little sad to be leaving the Alamo 2nd ward when July rolls around. From what I heard the Alamo 1st ward has a ton of young'uns, you know the little teeny boppers straight out of high school or their first year of college. The 2nd ward has the older crowd or 21 - 30 year olds. That is where most of the people I hang out with are located. The 1st ward also has a good number of people that I hang with so, I am not worried about any of that. I will be sad when I have to transfer wards, but the church is true no matter where you go so I have no problemos with that. The coolest thing though was sacrament meeting yesterday. It was really a neat occasion to see two stake presidencies and two bishoprics sitting on the stand. I have never seen that before and it was quite interesting.
Things are going. Oh, and I have also decided to start training for a tri-athalon. I probably won't compete in one, but the training will do wonders!

2 comments:

Rebex said...

A bunch of people are doing a tri in September. If you're training for it, you might as well do it. It'll give you that much more motivation. I'm just saying...

Good luck this week. You're almost there!!! :)

5 Walls and Counting said...

No pizza, eh? I couldn't do it! As for the job thing, you'll have to keep everyone posted on what you decide. . . I'm sure what ever you do you will be successful.