Friday, November 20, 2009

I have never been so happy for it to be a school break! I am only hours away from Thanksgiving break. I think I am looking forward to this break more than even the kids. I don't even care that I have to go to some meetings on Monday. I am just happy to not worry about anything for a week, especially crazy, disresepctful kiddos. All I have to worry about is dying trying to run in altitude again, making some yummylicious desserts and potatoes for Thanksgiving, and not eating too much so I can fit into my dress. I soooo need this break right now. This semester has been the highest of high stress for me. I am grateful I have someone that is helping comfort me and take away the stress if only for a couple of hours a day. When I get back I know there will be no rest but at least I can prepare a little better for it instead of being thrown straight into it.
I am so happy to be able to spend some time with my family doing the traditional things. Me waking up early on Thanksgiving morning to run in the Turkey Trot. Mom cooking in the kitchen starting Wednesday and going all the way through meal time. Dad and me going to do the parade clean-up. Going back home and cooking frantically until te potatoes and desserts are done. Trying to find spaces on the table for all the food that Mom and I have made. Getting a plate full of everything and sitting on the couch to eat. Oh, and how can I forget the traditional "I am thankful for..." This year two things will be added to the mix. One, midnight shopping at the outlet mall and two, Leland trying to keep up with it all. It's not really going to be a restful week, but it will be fun! And i will get to see all my friends from college that I miss dearly. We have all started lives of our own all over the world and it's nice that we are able to still get together every now and then to update our going ons and enjoy in one another's friendship.
My thoughts of gratitude are starting. Thanksgiving has become the overlooked holiday between Halloween and Christmas, but I will write about that another time. Only seven more hours until freedom from crazy!

No comments: