Friday, November 6, 2009

Really Ft. Hood Psyco Gunman? Really?!

This just boggles my mind. A psychotic gunman pulls out two hand guns at a processing center at Ft. Hood yesterday and begins shooting up the place. Why? Because the idiot didn't want to go to Afghanistan. Killing his own people, his own soldiers because he doesn't want to do what he signed up to do. The gunman is a psychiatrist. According to his cousin he joined the military out of high school, so about 20 yrs ago, and has been in ever since. The psycho's last post was Walter Reed Army Hospital where he counseled soldiers who were returning from Iraq. Something happened there and he received failing scores on his evals and was transferred to Ft Hood about six months ago. According to many news outlets this guy had recently converted to Islam and didn't want to go to over there and kill his brother. This guy was so indoctrinated with radical Islam that he equated a soldier jumping on a grenade to save his fellow men to a suicide bomber. What?! You have got to be kidding me! Equating a person trying to save lives to a person who is trying to kill everyone around him (innocent women and children and other men) and get some type of eternal gain is rediculous! I am so outraged by this guy. I have never had such harsh feeling towards anyone in my life before. Sure there were times when I wanted my brother to be taken off the face of the earth, but what loving sister wouldn't want that for her older, psycho brother? What's really not fair (and I felt the same way after the Oklahoma City bombing) is that this chicken is still alive. He is in stable condition at a hospital when thirteen families have just lost a loved one at his expense and twenty nine other families are having to deal with loved ones in the hospital from gun shot wounds. I just hope there aren't anymore families that have to go through the grieving process any time soon. All because this guy didn't want to go to Afghanistan. I think this guy really wanted to die so he could be a martyr for his cause. What logical person would walk into a military processing center thinking he/she would come out unscathed. I think he wanted to go in there and start shooting up the place so he would get shot and die. The hardest thing to wrap around is that we have been in these wars for almost nine years now, the guy has been in the military for about 20 years, at some point in time within the last nine years he had to have had the opportunity to re-up his contract or just get out. If he was so opposed to what was going on why did he not get out? Why did he decide to stay in the military? In a time of war any soldier, no matter what position is held, can be deployed to a war area. You cannot tell me he did not understand this. If he didn't then I am worried about the rest of the mental health care professionals and if they know that they can be deployed at any time. We are still waiting for the whole story to be pieced together so we know exactly what happened, but what's out there is making this guy look like a terrorist. I am labeling this ordeal as a terrorist attack, I am. If he was really a "good American" as his cousin described him then he would have understood his duty as a soldier and not gone completely postal. If he was a Muslim his whole life and he truly understood what those teaching entail then he would never have done this. I worl with people that are Muslim. I have had deep discussions with them about religion and what they believe. The person who follows the teachings of Islam are not vengeful people, they are loving and service oriented thinking about others before themselves. Some of the teachings are a little off-kiltered, but that's because they don't have the full truth. I hope this crazy, psycho, chicken of a human being gets the justice he deserves. I hope he has to face every single member of every single family that he harmed. I also hope those families show him forgiveness. It's going to be hard, but it can be done. It's mind boggling that a place you lived and socialized and drove around when you were younger has gone through this terrible act. I still have friends whose families work and live on Ft. Hood. It's scary not knowing what is happening and it's scary to think that someone I know could have been harmed. So far all of my friends and their families are okay, no one was harmed. One of the safest places in the world was atacked viciously. You go to a military installation and there is a feeling of safety that you really can't describe. Now, I will always have a suspisious thought that at any moment someone might come through the doors and go on a rampage. Wickedness in the world is growing. Safety is hard to come by these days. My heart and prayers go out to all those affected by this senseless act of violence. May you be comforted and know that your loved ones did not die in vain. May you be blessed.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Well said, Katie.

Laura said...

Wow! You are so right, it is unimaginable,and we want to ask the question, why? As I was listening to the news broadcast I thought of a scripture, the Savior speaks to us in John 16:33, "In the world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world". Easier said than done or felt, huh!? Especially at a time like this, but God will make all wrongs right, when the time is right. We need to continue to pray for those affected by this senseless tragedy. Keep praying for all our soldiers, and for this Country! Thanks for sharing your feelings Katie.

Kayla said...

pardon my french...but what the hell are we doing letting someone like that in our army? if he fails evals...he shouldn't even be in the freakin army!!!! some smart leaders we have.