Monday, November 30, 2009

A Week to be Thankful!

This morning I get to work and what do I find? A window in my gym has been busted out! Glass all over the stairs and even on the floor below. Sad that people have to break windows like that. I wonder if someone was trying to get into the gym for some reason and thought, "hey, let me break a window that is about 20-30 feet off the ground. That will definitely make it easier to get in." Whatever, stupid people do stupid things.
This past week was a great one. I went home for Thanksgiving and had a blast. I was able to show Leland around the EP. The silence after the question "What do you think about EP?" said a thousand words. Not that impressed with the whole thing. It was fun going to the shoppes at the outlet and seeing friends. Ke'Flauta was great as usual and all my old soccer friends are still amazing. I love seeing those girls and catching up on life and everything in between. We always have good time when we are together, and the time flies by! We met for breakfast at 8:30am and didn't leave VI until 11:30am. What a great time we had!
Thanksgiving day was busy, but very fun. I woke up early to run in the Turkey Trot and found out that I have cut two minutes from my 5K time since July, sweetness! Then I went home to relax for a little but then it was on to the parade fro clean-up. Every year that I am in EP I go help with the clean-up afterwards. It's become a little tradition for my fam. Mom stays home and cooks while Dad and I go clean-up. This year Leland was there to help so it was a little easier. After the clean-up we went back to my parents, I made the mashed potatoes and masked sweet potatoes and it was time to eat the yumminess that is the Thanksgiving Feast! The only problem this year was the turkey. Poor turkey, my mom took it out of the freezer Tuesday night and it was still frozen Thursday morning. Mom waited as long as possible before cooking it but it was still a little frozen when she had to put it in the oven so she left it in for and extra 30 minutes. She didn't have to do that because the turkey would have been just fine with normal timing. Lots of gravy and good stuff mixed with the turkey and you couldn't even tell. Afterwards it was the traditional falling asleep during the football games. Later in the evening Mom wanted to go to the outlet shoppes for the 10pm openings and deals. That was a major bust. All the stores that I normally go to had lines around the buildings and I wasn't waiting for those lines to save an extra 10%. We left pretty quickly. All in all it was a great Thanksgiving day.

Friday was Great Grandma Aurea's 102nd birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY G-G MA! LOVE YOU!
Saturday we went to White Sands, NM to take my bridal portraits. It was a cloudy evening, but it made fro great lighting and beautiful contrast. We were so lucky too. After the pics were finished we went into Alamogordo, NM for dinner and as we were getting ready to leave to go back home the heavens opened and it was pouring rain! We left the sands just in time because with the timing of everything if we had stayed for even five minutes more my dress would have been ruined from the rain and sand. Perfect timing! Saturday was also Daddio's birthday so a "Happy Birthday Shoutout is in order", HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!




It turned out to be a wonderful week full of fun activities and Leland getting to know my family a little better. He must really love me because in order to meet my brother and spend a week with my family and still want to marry me, it would have to be love.

1 comment:

5 Walls and Counting said...

I got your annoucement and I love it! You two look awesome and not to mention very happy! I love using white sands as your backdrop for pictures. Congrats my friend.