Friday, November 13, 2009

Tonight is the big fundraiser I have been stressing about for the past couple of months. I am a tad worried about everything though. It's the middle of the month, parents haven't been paid yet, and we are charging outrageous prices for everything. I think the only thing that will be successful will be the "Pie the Teacher" fundraiser. I have already had kids tell me they have bought ten tickets for the chance to throw a pie at me. That will be fun, but I think they should do it at the very end of the night to keep people there for the entire night. After the pie in the face people are leaving. Some kids have said they are only staying for the pie and they really don't care about anything else. At least they will be participating in a school event that hopefully they will be able to see what that participation brings about. I am not a fan of fundraisers, but I will support them if I can. If it's for a good cause or something noble then I have no problem with giving a bit of money. I always feel bad asking others for money so I am not a good fundraiser. I would rather do the planning then hide behind the scenes. I think I am like that for alot of stuff. I enjoy planning stuff and doing all the behind-the-scenes work. I don't need the limelight. I don't need to be out in front of everyone taking alll the attention. I hate extra attention. I like the background. I like to watch as people have fun at whatever event is planned. We shall see how everything works out tonight. Just keep thinking, "It's going to be okay. All will be fine."

No comments: