Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Diagnosis

After a weekend of neck pain, swollen glands, overall feelings of misery, still unable to eat anything, and calling Mom for her expert opinion about what was wrong with me I decided to go to the doctor late Sunday night. I wasn't sure of what was going to happen then he asks if I have a sore throat. Knowing that a cold front just came through I and I usually get a sore throat when that happens I told him the sore throat was just from the weather change. He didn't believe me. He had me take a strep test. yes, the second strep test in a week and a half. Again, it was negative, but this time he sent out cultures. As of right now I have a sever throat infection bordering on strep so I am just saying it is strep. I was put on some goooood drugs too. I hate taking the drugs, but they are helping the neck relax, causing swelling to go down, and helping me feel a little better, so they aren't that bad. Leland is still counting the number of pills in the containers so he knows I'm taking them. I told him he would probably have to do that. If I didn't know he was going to do that I wouldn't take them. He even brought me my pills yesterday before he left for the lab to make sure I would take them. I hate pills.
Yesterday I ended up calling in sick to work and staying home sleeping most of the day. Boy did that feel good! I even woke up the first time my alarm went off this morning, no snooze needed! I am hoping though that everyone I have come in contact with last week and this week do not get sick. I would feel awful if that happens. Taking sick days are not that bad when you really need them. I just don't like being away from my classroom knowing that I will have to re-teach everything when I get back. That is something I am just going to have to deal with. I needed that one day for recuperation and it was a great day. I am not near as fatigued today as I have been previously. I am feeling better, throat still kills and eating still isn't happening unless it's crackers, but again, it take baby steps getting things back to normal when you're sick.

2 comments:

Gladiz said...

So sorry you have been sick. I hope you have a quick recovery! Happy one month anniversary!

Chrissy said...

Aw, Katie... I'm so sorry... Do you need anything?? I am free Tuesday and Thursdays, all day. Don't hesitate to call.