Monday, February 8, 2010

Not So Comforting. . .

when the meds you are prescribed don't work and you end up getting worse because the meds you have are treating something you don't have. That is what happened to me last week. The first doc that I saw thought all I had was strep throat, too bad he was way off. I went into work last Tuesday because I was feeling better and decided everything was fine. I awoke last Wednesday and had to have Leland take me into work because I was feeling bad again. Not only did I have to have him take me to work I had to have him pick me up early because I just didn't have the energy to do anything and I was feeling really sick. I went home went to sleep and thought everything was going to be better the next day. Boy was I wrong! My throat was about 75% blocked due to swelling in my tonsils and I felt like I had this huge goiter on the side of my neck. I went back to the clinic where they did a mono test on me. Lo and behold, I have mono and I had probably had it for at least two weeks before being officially diagnosed. That explains so much! Now that I know, I also know that I could have this thing for another few weeks or upwards of six months. I just know I have to take everything one day at a time until it runs it's course. I have had some ups and some downs already. The real test will be going back to work tomorrow. It's my tough day with all seventh grade classes. We shall see what happens.

1 comment:

Gladiz said...

Katie, I hope you recover quickly! Hugs to you!