Monday, February 15, 2010

Week in Review

It's been quite a week. Everything that went on with my health finally started getting better. I had a peri-tonsilar abscess that was causing my throat to hurt so much and be so swollen. From what I was told by the ENT, it should have been drained the day I went into the doc for the mono diagnoses and the CT I was subjected to lied and is not a reliable source for throat things. Anyway, last Monday the abscess took care of itself and burst. It was quite gross so I will spare you the details. Let's just say it was very reminiscent of the abscess I had last year after my appendectomy. As soon as it burst though, I was feeling a thousand times better. I could start opening my mouth to eat and I was actually able to eat a full meal. For the first time in two and a half weeks I was able to eat a full meal instead of just five bites and done. Food Glorious Food! The only thing I am having a hard time with now is having enough energy to make it through my day. I wake up feeling totally rested then about two or three hours later I am ready for a nap. I have even had a hard time staying awake in my afternoon classes. There have been a couple of times when my eyes have closed and I have not been able to fight it. Thankfully, the kiddos haven't recognized it and taken advantage of it yet. Besides recovering from all that stuff the last basketball game of the regular season was postponed to today because of leaks in the gym we were suppose to play in. Game tonight then play-offs start Wednesday. Since Leland is out of town we did an early Valentine's Day. Dinner and a movie was perfect. Just spending time together makes my day. We watched Couples Retreat. That is such a hilarious movie! A night with the hubs makes for a great Valentine's celebration. Saturday I took Leland to the airport to send him to San Diego for his presentation. It was a lot harder for me than I thought it would be to let him leave. But it's all good. A couple hours later Mom arrived in town to help me out. She came for the weekend to help me clean and get the apartment back into shape since I wasn't able to do much while I was ill. She even bought a new vacuum for me since mine broke while she was using it. I love when Mom pampers me. I am grateful Mom was able to come and help out. There wasn't a whole lot for her to do and I know there were events that she really wanted to go to in EP that she gave up to be with me. I think she came to see how I was really doing. I don't think she believes me when I tell her I am really doing fine. She knows I will down play some things so she won't have to worry so much. It's was a nice cover-up she tried to pull, but I saw through it. Good try Mom. Sunday was a great way to end the week. Great talks, the ward choir sang beautifully, and the lessons were amazing. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Sundays? That was my week in review, oh yeah, I forgot, my phone was stolen at the med clinic when it fell out of my pocket on Monday night. Stupid people who took the phone. Dee,dee,dee the phone and it's service gets cut off when you report it stolen so what's the use in taking someone else's phone. On top of that, once it's activated again they can find the phone. Whatever they will receive the consequences. I have a new phone, but none of my contacts. If I don't pick-up a phone call or I am hesitant when I answer my phone now you know why. With how things went last week, I know this week will be better! Have a great week!

No comments: