Friday, March 11, 2011


Last Saturday I was so happy I finally got to see WICKED! It is such a fun musical. It is a great story about the witches of Oz. It is the behind-the-scenes story of how they all met, why the Wicked Witch if the West is green, where the ruby (in the real story, silver) shoes come from, and even tells the story behind the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion. There is a pretty good twist at the end too, but I am never telling ;) I love the music for the show too. One of the people we went with had the soundtrack of the original Broadway cast (by the way, the off-Broadway cast that we saw was waaaay better than the Broadway cast) and while I love the songs, they didn't make much sense until after seeing the real thing. It was a blast! I want to see it again. Unfortunately, it is no longer here, but that's okay, it will be here again sometime and I will go then. This is one musical that I hope they make a movie out of. It is fun, charming, witty, and altogether a joy to see. You will not leave disappointed. If you ever have a chance to see this show, go! Get tickets early and go. You will have a ton of fun and will think of the music all the time. I still do.

2 comments:

What She Said said...

Love love love the show! I've got the soundtrack too. Haha.

Please check out my blog & follow if you're a fan. Cheers lovely.

www.saidshewhat.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Wicked is an amazing musical. I had the chance to see it while me and a couple of friend where in NY. I really hope that I get the chance to see it again.